No announcement yet.

SS-Oscha. Klosterhuber's SS tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar, Button and you can very clear see the space between Boards and Collar. 100% not the same Tunic, no matter from what Angle you look.

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
    Guys, I think I do have a more definitive answer than the collar. Another important difference when looking at the Soldbuch photo versus the present tunic, is comparing the award bar placement. Is there any explanation why the end of the bar on the soldbuch photo would lay just over the button, whereas on the present day photos of the tunic, the award bar is almost centred over the button? Also, looking at the distance to the centre button from the pocket button and placement of the pocket button versus the button beside on the soldbuch is almost directly beside one another, if you draw a line, versus the one on the listed tunic, which the pocket button is much lower when compared. These should also reinforce that these are different tunics. Does not mean this may not have been owned by the reported owner, just not the same tunic, imo. Would definitely need more provenance from the present owner though that it belonged to Klosterhuber.
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
      Guys, I think I do have a more definitive answer than the collar. Another important difference when looking at the Soldbuch photo versus the present tunic, is comparing the award bar placement. Is there any explanation why the end of the bar on the soldbuch photo would lay just over the button, whereas on the present day photos of the tunic, the award bar is almost centred over the button? Also, looking at the distance to the centre button from the pocket button and placement of the pocket button versus the button beside on the soldbuch is almost directly beside one another, if you draw a line, versus the one on the listed tunic, which the pocket button is much lower when compared. There is also almost no distance between the award bar and pocket button on the soldbuch photo whereas there is significant distance in comparison with the presented tunic. These should also reinforce that these are different tunics. Does not mean this may not have been owned by the reported owner, just not the same tunic, imo. Would definitely need more provenance from the present owner though that it belonged to Klosterhuber.
      Yes, the pocket placement is very different between the Soldbuch photograph and the tunic for sale, another good observation.

Comment

Well, award bar could be moved. Original loops could break and new were made.
        To me however as already said when you compare position of the second button relative to the top of the flap of the right pocket and to the button of the left pocket, it is also evident those two tunics are not the same.

Jack
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
          To me however when you compare position of the second button relative to the top of the flap of the right pocket and to the button of the left pocket, it is evident those two tunics are not the same.

Jack
          I was just going to post that Jack but you beat me to it. Thanks for that image, it is quite clear IMO.
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Just wanted to point out that. And then there are the space between the Bottons from the Boards and Collar. No idea how much more is needed to see it is very clear a different Tunic.

To me however when you compare position of the second button relative to the top of the flap of the right pocket and to the button of the left pocket, it is evident those two tunics are not the same.

Jack
            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Yes, agreed, it could have just been pinned on for the soldbuch photo, as it actually looks to be on the pocket itself. That said, then also move the award bar 'higher' on the soldbuch photo, in comparison to where it is now on the tunic, and draw a line to the collar tab. It would be that much closer to the collar on the soldbuch photo versus what is shown in the presented tunic, which is very far away in comparison, imo.

Comment

Another visualization. If you turn the tunic on modern photo to the same view angle as on the SB photo, that would make it even worse.

Jack
                Attached Files
                Last edited by cossack1648; 04-15-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ratisbon's View Post
                  Thanks for your comments, everyone. We tried to take pictures in the right angle but it is so hard to "hit". Here are a few shots. Even the wrinkles are identical.

I don't see how the wrinkles could be the same the tunics going to fit up different on a torso vs being worn by the person. I've had tunics that wrinkled up in that area while on a torso and once taken off they disappear.
                  Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                  teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Very tricky to use distance measurements on photos as it is so dependent on photo angles and body posture.
                    Collar tresse and the shape of the pocket flap is all that is needed to confirm it is not the same tunic.
                    Pocket flap on soldbuch photo in the bottom right corner of the photo is very rounded whilst on the tunic discussed it is pretty much square.
                    Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
                      Very tricky to use distance measurements on photos as it is so dependent on photo angles and body posture.
                      Collar tresse and the shape of the pocket flap is all that is needed to confirm it is not the same tunic.
                      Pocket flap on soldbuch photo in the bottom right corner of the photo is very rounded whilst on the tunic discussed it is pretty much square.
                      Martin

I agree that such measurements are tricky, but with certain differences between what is compared they can be enough to rule out some possibilities.
                      That round flap corner on the photo that you mention is an illusion caused by the ink from the document eagle stamp.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
                        You guys are so used to not believing anything you refuse to.Same tunic as pictured. Look closer.
                        Lol, and some others live in make-believe land and they think that if they wish hard enough, it will become the same tunic. This issue could have been resolved a lot sooner (in determining it is NOT the same tunic) if a full full-sized picture of the Soldbuch pic had been provided instead of selecting certain portions to support the desired result that they are the same.
                        When you go home
                        Tell them for us and say
                        For your tomorrow
                        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Curious, if there is any information that he received a second tank destruction badge?

Comment

I agree that such measurements are tricky, but with certain differences between what is compared they can be enough to rule out some possibilities.
                            That round flap corner on the photo that you mention is an illusion caused by the ink from the document eagle stamp.

Jack
                            I see what you mean and initially thought the same thing. But on closer review I do not agree that that is the case. The ink stamp is fully transparant on every part of the photo and actually quite faint. The rounded off shape to me looks like the tunic pocket flap underneath the stamp, but I can see why you'd think differently.
                            Eitherway we agree it is not the same tunic and that's pretty much the end of the discussion for me.
                            Martin

Comment

disagree

IMHO , this is the same tunic

Comment

Originally posted by drbill View Post
                                IMHO , this is the same tunic
                                looks so for me as well ,auction photo was just taken at a bit to big bust

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X