SS-Oscha. Klosterhuber's SS tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
    Sorry, but I do not believe it is the same tunic. The way in which the NCO tresse has been sewn in the corners is different and the whole tresse looks much neater on the original photo than it does on your tunic.
    Just my opinion of course.
    Martin
    I completely agree with Martin. Please post a close-up of the tresse corners in the Soldbuch's picture (particularly, the tunic's left tresse corner). Based on the initial pictures given, the application technique in the tunic appears different than in the Soldbuch picture.
    When you go home
    Tell them for us and say
    For your tomorrow
    We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
    Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Different tunic to the one in the pictures and it looks like it has been restored so whether the insignia that is currently on it were on it at the time he wore it is highly unlikely I would say.

Also what actual provenance that it's his exists?

Comment

The wrinkles are interesting but don't weigh in much, in my opinion. Look at the collar tips and their length with regards to the top buttonhole. Even with the camera angle, they appear to be a different length.

Comment

Just my opinions:
          The tunic is nice? Yes
          The price is nice? ATM yes, of course
          The insignia are original? Yes. All
          The tunic is property of the OSHA? I do not know, you do not know. Anyone will have an opinion.
          I have doubts on tresse but could be restored and could be the last problem if tunic will be documented

Last question: is restored: imo yes, sincerely seems partially restored to my eyes.

About that question: back to first questions.

And if will have other proofs about veteran ownership that tunic is really extremely interesting . To me.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            Look at the collar tips and their length with regards to the top buttonhole. Even with the camera angle, they appear to be a different length.
            Absolutely not meaning the tunic is the same but in regard to the collar tips and top button, to me looks pretty clear that in the period pic Klosterhuber has the collar hooks not hooked and the tips go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
              Absolutely not meaning the tunic is the same but in regard to the collar tips and top button, to me looks pretty clear that in the period pic Klosterhuber has the collar hooks not hooked and the tips go down.
              Yes, you are correct! Good attention to detail.

Comment

When you compare the tip of the left collar it looks like on the SB photo it is more pointy, versus almost 90 degree on the tunic. Outer round of the tress is larger on the photo (more square on the tunic). Also fold in the tress seems to be diagonal and straight in the photo versus 2 step on the tunic. It also seems that more green background material is visible from under the tress in a very tip on the photo.
                Maybe those observations are correct or maybe not due to lighting and detail distortion by magnification. Basically that collar part is the area visible enough to see details. Are lower parts of the tunic like pockets visible on the photo?
                If the tunic was sourced from the original soldiers' widow, is the any more evidence to confirm provenance?

Jack
                Attached Files
                Last edited by cossack1648; 04-15-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

You guys are so used to not believing anything you refuse to.Same tunic as pictured. Look closer.

Comment

It is not about believing. It is about comparing details.
                    Do those distances look equal?
                    Attached Files

Comment

One Thing is really interesting. They Post the Tunic here to ask if its the same, beside 2 everyone say it is not, and yet still i get 5 Min ago a Mail....Klosterhubers Field Tunic....with Photo Proof, it is exactly the same Tunic. So they don't care what anyone write on there question, and they don't have anything beside the Soldbuch Picture what should proof it is his Tunic. I love the self-authenticating Style....

To say it again, to me there is nothing what proof this is the same Tunic. No matter how often i look at the little Picture, i always very clear see it is not the same. Not that i care, but what Sense it make then to post it, when you anyway not even consider it is not the same?
                      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

I agree, some additional pics of Klosterhuber may be of some benefit. I found, in the archives, another photo of his awards from the soldbuch. Anyone have any further information that there were two tank destruction badges awarded? And the circumstances of how they were earned?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
                          It is not about believing. It is about comparing details.
                          Do those distances look equal?
                          This comparison tells all you need to know. Collar points extend much further down past the button on the one in his photograph. Clearly not the same tunic.
                          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                            This comparison tells all you need to know. Collar points extend much further down past the button on the one in his photograph. Clearly not the same tunic.
                            Absolutely agree, that's game over.

Comment

Guys, I think I do have a more definitive answer than the collar. Another important difference when looking at the Soldbuch photo versus the present tunic, is comparing the award bar placement. Is there any explanation why the end of the bar on the soldbuch photo would lay just over the button, whereas on the present day photos of the tunic, the award bar is almost centred over the button? Also, looking at the distance to the centre button from the pocket button and placement of the pocket button versus the button beside on the soldbuch is almost directly beside one another, if you draw a line, versus the one on the listed tunic, which the pocket button is much lower when compared. There is also almost no distance between the award bar and pocket button on the soldbuch photo whereas there is significant distance in comparison with the presented tunic. These should also reinforce that these are different tunics. Does not mean this may not have been owned by the reported owner, just not the same tunic, imo. Would definitely need more provenance from the present owner though that it belonged to Klosterhuber.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by wolfslair44; 04-15-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                                Jeff,as I told before and agreed by others looks pretty clear that in the period pic Klosterhuber has the collar hooks not hooked and the tips go down.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X