No announcement yet.

SS-Oscha. Klosterhuber's SS tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fairness to Klaus, the seller, I have always found him to be an honest and fair dealer. For sure I understand based on the comments on the thread, that it appears to be a different tunic than the one in the soldbuch, and I wish more of a response about the person who had consigned it and 'his story' about how he got it and how it allegedly came from the source with more supporting material. That certainly would have been beneficial. That said, I do not think Klaus is a crook or some shady dealer. Just my two cents on that.

Comment

I agree there is no reason to hang Ratisbons i.e. Butchek on this; his intentions were - so far as we know- never to deceive anyone and also my experiences with him are fine but that is actually beyond this matter. What could be hold against him, is that he started this thread asking for opinions and now that the general outcome is not in his favour seems to ignore this. Of course this is his good right, after all many ignorent opinions are shared on a daily base here on the WAF, but a link in his sales description directing towards this thread would behoove him.

If the buyer is unaware of the existence of this thread, and finds out later, he has some solid legal grounds to use against Ratisbons.
      Last edited by Zauberflöte; 04-19-2020, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
        I agree there is no reason to hang Ratisbons i.e. Butchek on this; his intentions were - so far as we know- never to deceive anyone and also my experiences with him are fine but that is actually beyond this matter. What could be hold against him, is that he started this thread asking for opinions and now that the general outcome is not in his favour seems to ignore this. Of course this is his good right, after all many ignorent opinions are shared on a daily base here on the WAF, but a link in his sales description directing towards this thread would behoove him.

If the buyer is unaware of the existence of this thread, and finds out later, he has some solid legal grounds to use against Ratisbons.
        Come on, gentlemen!! Given that the auction was only a few days after Ratisbons posted this thread, they were really NOT interested in our opinions. Rather, this thread was merely a naked attempt at free publicity / advertising to get any interested parties to potentially participate in the auction. This is completely transparent.
        When you go home
        Tell them for us and say
        For your tomorrow
        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
          Come on, gentlemen!! Given that the auction was only a few days after Ratisbons posted this thread, they were really NOT interested in our opinions. Rather, this thread was merely a naked attempt at publicity / advertising to get any interested parties to potentially participate in the auction. This is completely transparent.
          But of course is this obvious, and no harm there IMO, I am merely pointing out that he has bitten himself in the tail by doing this and should have acted accordingly.

Comment

Not really important anymore. Is logic it was posted to boost the sale, they as well as any other Dealer now try to do get there Stuff out, you can't shoot anyone for that. We make them change there advertise 3 Times from has a good Chance to with 100% proof to back it has a good Chance its Klosterhubers Tunic, at least something When then the Buyers not listen, you can only wish them the best of Luck and to enjoy what ever they bought, everything else just a waste of nerves...
            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
              Come on, gentlemen!! Given that the auction was only a few days after Ratisbons posted this thread, they were really NOT interested in our opinions. Rather, this thread was merely a naked attempt at free publicity / advertising to get any interested parties to potentially participate in the auction. This is completely transparent.
              So true. In fact even after being shown that the tunic was not the same, no change was made to the description in the auction.
              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hi,

some interesting infos on the Ratisbons FAQ i rode a few weeks ago :

https://www.ratisbons.com/faq-all

See You

Vince
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                  So true. In fact even after being shown that the tunic was not the same, no change was made to the description in the auction.
                  A link to this thread would have been a wise choice.

Still my experiences with Ratisbon’s are very positive so far.

Comment

Ratisbon taken back an item from me without problem.
                    I have a positive experience with Klaus who is the only man of Ratisbon I talked .

Comment

Ratisbon's has other problem. Compare to last auctions, this very last auction is debacle. No bidders, low bids and no will of bidders to really fight hard even for interesting items.

Comment

Only positive from me also when it comes to Klaus,

Comment

Originally posted by Nordss View Post
                          9100 + 22.5% commission = 11147 euros.......ocuh think someone got excited by the thread and thought it was the same tunic, even a blind man with no dog to help him would see it is not the same tunic .....always the same buying into a rediculous story to hump the price up.

Enjoy your reworked and post war rebadged tunic, gona feel sick when you come to move it on , as its been thoroughly debated on here
                          NORDS THATS NOT NICE

Comment

Originally posted by lartiste View Post
                            Ratisbon's has other problem. Compare to last auctions, this very last auction is debacle. No bidders, low bids and no will of bidders to really fight hard even for interesting items.
                            The auction that ended today?? I had the opposite experience as a bidder. Now, that can be easily explained if we have different areas of interest. Or perhaps you were a consignor? For the numerous items I found interesting and I bookmarked, I found bidding to be generally very aggressive. Such that I didn't even bother putting in a bid on many items because in the final minutes they were already higher (with commission) than many direct-sale dealers. I was surprised that in the current pandemic situation collectors still wanted to pay over market for a lot of items. Or perhaps the pandemic has made all of the collectors shut in their homes needing some kind of outlet? I'm no psychologist so I cannot claim to explain it. All I can report is that I was expecting to find bidding softer and at least regarding the items I liked, it was not.

Comment

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                              The auction that ended today?? I had the opposite experience as a bidder. Now, that can be easily explained if we have different areas of interest. Or perhaps you were a consignor? For the numerous items I found interesting and I bookmarked, I found bidding to be generally very aggressive. Such that I didn't even bother putting in a bid on many items because in the final minutes they were already higher (with commission) than many direct-sale dealers. I was surprised that in the current pandemic situation collectors still wanted to pay over market for a lot of items. Or perhaps the pandemic has made all of the collectors shut in their homes needing some kind of outlet? I'm no psychologist so I cannot claim to explain it. All I can report is that I was expecting to find bidding softer and at least regarding the items I liked, it was not.
                              I agree, most items was sold for market price or over market price.

Comment

https://www.ratisbons.com/36th-conte...king-mint.html

How about a $4000 HJ knife. Obviously some people aren't affected by the shutdown. This must be a record for HJ knives, especially without the motto.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X