EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry View Post
    some of my recently aquired bits......the Leica is Luftwaffe marked and is from the estate of a JU87 pilot Carl Hagens....aquired by him in Nov 1940
    What exactly is the cased metal box to the left side of the photo with the computer and rule? The reason I ask is I have one from a grouping I purchased and I assumed it is a navigator kit. I'm a US collector and happened into this in a deal, and thought I ought to know exactly what I have..

Comment

Battle of Britain film clip...

Any thoughts on the LW Flying gear worn in this clip from the Battle of Britain film ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43zVRey2XEs

Comment

I have a question for my fellow Luft enthusiasts here. I was wondering what type of pistol was carried by popular choice for the Kampfflieger pilots and crews? I have seen different period photos showing different choices, and perhaps that is my answer. I have a Luger but need a holster which would work with my Officer Pilot display, but any other ideas? PPK, CZ, P-38? Thanks, Mike.

Comment

Honestly, they all work. The Browning M-1922 was a popular choice as well and holsters are all over the place. Maybe find a particular wartime pic and try and replicate it in a display?
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Especially fighter pilots loved the PPK as it took not much space in the cramped cockpit.

PPKs were used for many, many years also in the new Luftwaffe, although we all joked: "With this gun You first empty Your magazine in the direction of the enemy and then throw the whole weapon upon him to get him hurt ..."

Comment

Andy F-P, I think it's possible to put this film on DVD nowadays.., aren't you curious what's on it ?

Francois, nice ammunition, some of them will hurt I suppose..

Concerning the metal box , it's training equipment, but the stuff inside was also used in the leather observer bags during war..

Theo, nice compasses.. ,how come your interest in flightstuff lately ?

Harry,that's a focking nice watch, amazing quality..

Jos.

Comment

Thanks for your comment Jos, I think they will all hurt...

Here some mustaches from my collection

A pair of cut-off Oberleutnant on a dark-brown back.
                And a pair of Unteroffizier on a light-brown back.

First the front..
                Attached Files

Comment

And the back...
                  Attached Files

Comment

navigator's kit

The thin, flat navigator's kit is a training kit for training future navigators. And I can offer some help on the aircraft cannon munitions.

Comment

hello all together

Today i'am found this leather case . I'am think it is a Flight equipment .
                      It is marked with " FL 45966 "with the code " fzs " . under the FL. No. the eagle " 2 " . Over the top is marked the no. 43240 .
                      Please help me . Can aneone identification this case ? .
                      Thanks

Vet44
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

-
                            Attached Files

Comment

--
                              Attached Files

Comment

---
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X