MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Marc,

This 02 mask looks like a dead ringer for many being sold on Ebay... old (ground dug?) parts with some period replacements from gas masks... you can see a mix of fresh looking material and old in your photos.

Now I am no experten so lets see what JOS et al. say on this.

Cheers

John

Comment

Marc, like John says.., the mask is good, straps are all wrong.., it's a late war fightermask converted to bombermask.
        Yes, probably one of those found masks..
        They've found hundreds of these the last few years, rating from poor to rather nice ones.
        Biggest problem are the straps of these masks, they were all gone and originals are not to be found.

So, "dug" masks always have selfmade straps or professionally made fake ones.
        I would say yours are homemade, 'cause they're different and not so delicate as the real bomberstraps.

To Harry :
        Great stuff you've there !

Jos.

Comment

Cheers Jos! mine pales into insignificance when compared to yours though..

Comment

I was looking through the Luftwaffe badges section and noticed that a member had posted a link to an auction taking place next month in England. Look at the Schwimmweste, item number 215!!!!!!!!!!!! What a rarity. Has anyone seen this version in a collection before? I don't know what to say but I don't think it will go for between ******163;80-******163;100!

What do you make of it?
            Regards,
            Andy

http://www.dominicwinter.co.uk/

Comment

The yellowish version of that vest is rare enough (I know of 3 in collections, including mine) but that one is going to go for serious money. I have yet to see one anywhere yet here's one in beautiful condition. I'd say it's well worth $3000 and probably more due to its rarity. The piece I'd like to have (aside from the aforementioned life vest) is #110, the backpack aircrew parachute. I've been looking for a complete one for a few years now.
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Yup,that's a rare bird.., pity that it has a nasty repair around the O2 bottle connection and the bottle is missing...,dunno if these early bottles were different from the somewhat later ones, otherwise that will be a major problem to fix..

Jos.
                Attached Files

Comment

Some lucky person got a great schwimmweste at a great price.

Comment

Hello
                    Here´s a piece of flight equipment that you don´t see every day.
                    It´s a prewar Kartenroller dated 1938. It´s made of aluminium, so it´s very lightweight.
                    To bad one of the knobs have broken off.
                    Hope you like it.

Andreas
                    Attached Files
                    Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

Comment

the back
                      Attached Files

Comment

the plate
                        Attached Files

Comment

and last a photo of one in use
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice and extraordinary item, Andreas.., nice find

Maybe someone can copy and fix the lost item for you ?

Jos.

Comment

I saw a similar item posted earlier, but I really want to contribute something to this wonderful thread, so here's my AK 39 wrist compass. Don't see many about. Are they really that hard to find nowdays?

--Kevin
                              Attached Files

Comment

back
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X