FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mask with leather and manchet looks good, straps probably too, springclamp also, hose replaced and isn't German IMO, that would explain the lack of the string Andreas is referring to ..
    The hose at the mask side is pressed into the special manchet in a way I don't like at all.., plus I'm very curious how it is connected inside the manchet..
    There might be a chance the manchet got ruined inside by removing the old part of hose, unfortunately we can't check that.
    As a note : all German hoses I've seen have about 40 rings while this one has 31 and it looks a bit too bulky also.., I would say no.., unless a era pic shows up with this type of hose and I'm all open for new info.
    More of these to come, for I've been offered 3 different masks during a period of time, which all had a damaged hose,simply crumbled to pieces, all other parts were fine..and I've several more on file.
    All these masks will get a "replacement " hose sooner or later and then hit the market one day..., the cosmetic effect will be a "nice" mask and they're, but not the real deal.
    No big deal as long as these masks are cheap, but I'm afraid they aren't..
    You'll never be able to find the original hose, unless you take one from a grounddug mask or find a mask with a good hose and a bad mask and then it's the trick to fix it, so, in the light of that I'd rate this mask somewhere between the 400 and 700 Euro as it is, based on the original parts and the fact that if you really want a mask for display, this one isn't too bad..
    If I were in the process, my offer would be 500 and leave it as it is, if I had plans to alter it with a good hose at my side it would be 350, all risk mine to ruin it any further or to get it done.

...but I think the seller will not share my thoughts..
    I'm rather curious what price he has in mind though..

Jos.
    Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 05-28-2007, 07:44 PM.

Comment

LW Oxygen Masks.

For some time I've been looking for a LW O2 Mask and straps that are not 'ground dug' or 'refurbished' and at a reasonable price.

No luck so far...

RAF O2 Masks are easy to find, in good condition and at sensible prices.

Maybe the reason is that RAF O2 masks continued in use after WW2 and are therefore easily available today?

Or maybe there are thousands of secret LW collectors who do not trade or sell ??

Best Regards,
      Robert.

Comment

Robert,
        It's very hard to find a decent German Luft O2 mask, believe me..
        Just a "few" originals are in collections and few will hit the market sometimes..
        Prices are high for the complete ones.., if you can find one.
        IMO there're 3 "types" of masks :

The good ones.

The "damaged and restored" good ones..

and the " grounddug/found " masks with added straps and other added items..

Then, as a note :
        O2 masks are little time bombs, I've seen complete masks which started to fall apart caused by a certain process that can start every moment..
        All you can do is treat it with talcum powder and keep it outoff the light, if a mask starts to act up, there's nothing you can do than watching it die.

Jos.

Comment

To keep this thread alive:

I think I will sell my other pilot leather jacket. No spare room for two ...

Comment

By the way, before You all think I live in a total mess: The scratches in the wallpaper are from a cat ...

Have a nice day,
            Steve

Comment

Pilot chrono

Re posting this thread to where it belongs.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=226247

cheers bill

Comment

Bill !
                Where did you buy this shaggy manequin??! I would be interested in one as it looks much more natural than those "shiny" ones.

;]

Originally posted by billcarson View Post
                Re posting this thread to where it belongs.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=226247

cheers bill

Comment

HI RAMJET

REALY NICE DISPLAY !!!

Comment

Here are some pics of 1 of my Luft. projects........

In rest position.......
                    Attached Files

Comment

Getting ready for action.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

He is almost ready for take off....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Now he is ready....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ready for take-off....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice setup Francois

Regards
                              Andreas
                              Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by LOTHRINGEN View Post
                                HI RAMJET

REALY NICE DISPLAY !!!

Thanks! Wait until the whole mannequin is ready ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X