• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Ron
    www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
      Has anybody else got another hj knife with solid red daimond to show ? .............................
      Well documented or observed in the manufacture of service bayonet frogs, it’s also I believe a fact that alternate materials are seen (and seem to be well accepted) for the hanging straps of HJ knives. And I think that it’s fairly reasonable to assume that none of the knife makers made their own grip emblems, and that they purchased them from outside vendors (who also IMO would have been the same ones who made the other HJ pins/emblems). With my point being that I’ve seen what I believe are the RZM specifications for the HJ knives themselves. With a logical course of action (IMO) being to see what the RZM had to say about the manufacture of the HJ/other(?) pins/emblems. Assuming of course that there is still period information that is available that can assist in researching the matter. FP

Comment

hj diamond

Congrats on a nice Hitler Youth blade. I have an original HJ diamond pin with solid red background. Might be cloissone instead of the pebbled enamel. Might be the same as yours
        as it looks to be similar in size. If no one else posts one I'll dig out the camera.

Comment

Broken gripplates and rough condition... as always with these full reds... the original diamond of this one was most likely removed and added to a better conditioned knife... some dirt was added to look authentic... It is always the same story with these full reds...

For how many years is this sad discussion going on now?

And some here are still waiting for an unquestionable HJ with full red to surface...

They will have to be very patient or... fabricate one!

Best regards,

Herman

Comment

Originally posted by Victorman View Post
            Broken gripplates and rough condition... as always with these full reds... the original diamond of this one was most likely removed and added to a better conditioned knife... some dirt was added to look authentic... It is always the same story with these full reds...

For how many years is this sad discussion going on now?

And some here are still waiting for an unquestionable HJ with full red to surface...

They will have to be very patient or... fabricate one!

Best regards,

Herman

Herman,

Non Believers Vs Believers

More Believers than Non believers at the moment

Whats your opinion on the solid red hj members pin badges ?

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Hi Scott,

I don't collect those pins, but there are some that look very old, so basically, there are 2 possibilities:

- very late originals
              - very early copies

Most of the senior badge & pin collectors in Europe seem to avoid them, which is a bad sign...

But unlike HJ-knifes, production of these pins did not stop in 1942!

So it is a very different story...

Maybe at the end of the war 1944-45, the HJ pin factory was bombed and the Germans could not make the dots in the HJ badge anymore... Don't see any reason why they would have changed the design: there is not any strategic material reduction involved... unless it can be prooved that these full reds are not made of copper...

Best regards,

Herman

PS: By the way, many of these diamond pins -also with the correct, red dotted pattern!- end up in grips of HJ daggers that had been "denazified" after the war. Most often they are glued into the grip.
              Last edited by Victorman; 09-29-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

what about

What about this HJ. Pin? It's a non stipled version maker marked M/170 with RZM stamp below on reverse.
                Sorry bout the pics......
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Victorman View Post
                  Hi Scott,

I don't collect those pins, but there are some that look very old, so basically, there are 2 possibilities:

- very late originals
                  - very early copies

Most of the senior badge & pin collectors in Europe seem to avoid them, which is a bad sign...

But unlike HJ-knifes, production of these pins did not stop in 1942!

So it is a very different story...

Maybe at the end of the war 1944-45, the HJ pin factory was bombed and the Germans could not make the dots in the HJ badge anymore... Don't see any reason why they would have changed the design: there is not any strategic material reduction involved... unless it can be prooved that these full reds are not made of copper...

Best regards,

Herman

PS: By the way, many of these diamond pins -also with the correct, red dotted pattern!- end up in grips of HJ daggers that had been "denazified" after the war. Most often they are glued into the grip.

Herman,

its a near impossible job to fit a hj diamond into the griplate without damaging the rivets or griplates but i have handled a few knifes with solid reds with good movement with no signs of damage or fooled with in any way,

i hope someday to find a nice minty knife with solid red to purchase & post pix to this thread or if some collectors out there has one in there collection i would very much like to see it posted here for referance,

Regards Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by petopoint View Post
                    What about this HJ. Pin? It's a non stipled version maker marked M/170 with RZM stamp below on reverse.
                    Sorry bout the pics......

peto,

looks a good pin but better clearer pix would be much better to view,

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Mac66, I was okay with originality but wanted to show the previous post that full
                      red HJ pins exist. I was under the impression that he was naysaying that he never saw one.
                      Thanks for vouching and hopefully I'll get a better camera for Christmas

Regards,
                      Pete

Comment

A few genuine solid red hj members pins for referance,

dont be shy & post your knifes & pins
                        Attached Files

Comment

Heres a link to a thread on the hj research forum on the solid red opaque hj pins,

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f23...dge-okay-6292/
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mac 66; 10-06-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Raymonds hj knife with Solid Red daimond with undamaged griplates or rivets
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well Guys i finally found a genuine untouched, uncleaned example with solid red opaque daimond insignia with good movement "wiggle" with "No Damage" to the griplates or rivets, i bought this example from DD Harris which he purchased from a WW2 US vets son along with german pistol that he brought back from Germany, just the way it left the Factory IMO,

RZM M7/36 E&F Hörster, Solingen.

Regards Mac 66.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X