Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM posting these three badges for MPO. The first one is M1/120.
    Attached Files

Comment

Number 2 is M1/172.
      Attached Files

Comment

And the last one is M1/157.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a new acquisiton.
          Last edited by John C; 04-17-2005, 09:36 AM.

Comment

the back
            Last edited by John C; 04-17-2005, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Excellent example of a early Assmann badge.

Comment

Here is another for the list
                Last edited by John C; 04-17-2005, 09:37 AM.

Comment

The back is marked M1/92
                  Last edited by John C; 04-17-2005, 09:37 AM.

Comment

A very nice badge John it's good to add a new maker to the list. Thank you for posting.

Comment

I have looked through the thread and I don't think I've seen this one listed yet. It is M1/154, which I believe to be Schwertner and Cie, Eggenberg.

Comment

bwanek1, Nice badge thank you for sharing. The maker you named actually has the RZM # M1/155, M1/154 as far as I know at this time is one of the unknown makers. I have added it to the list as unknown.

Comment

There has already been an M1\90 posted on this thread, but I thought it worth adding the painted version for comparison.

Brad

Comment

Look at "Z" at the RZM mark!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roman (Russia)
                              Look at "Z" at the RZM mark!!
                              The slash is also reversed. If you look at the enameled M1\90 on the very first page of this thread, you will note that it also has the reverse slash, but it has the correct-facing Z. Can anyone explain either of these?

Comment

These badges were die struck, a large producer would have used a number of different dies.As the second pin is painted it was produced late in the war,years perhaps, after the pin on page one.There are all kinds of reasons someone could dream up regarding the backward Z,a bomb could have dropped near the makers buisness while the die sinker was working and unnerved him a bit,could have been an apprentice that just made a mistake as he would be working in reverse. This is why a book on these pins would be very interesting as showing different examples from the same maker.I have seen different 2's on maker M1/72 pins.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X