This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my Friends,

You are correct in the point that it is a Tablecloth not a Runner. I am the same Opinion than James. Runner are normale thiner than that pice.

The only thing is that the Egal on my Opinion is on a Stange Position .
    Both i am not a Expert on linen ...

Jost a thought, what do you guy think ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    fredy

Comment

Fredyfang, do you have any of the fancy pieces like the coffee pots or the cigar boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
        Fredyfang, do you have any of the fancy pieces like the coffee pots or the cigar boxes?
        No i do Not have any of thos. I am Lockung for the coffee pot bot ther is non ...
        Do you got some?
        Last edited by fredyfang; 01-29-2014, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Nice shot of the AH coaster with felt insert on this table.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CPB View Post
            Nice shot of the AH coaster with felt insert on this table.
            Nice to see a pic of our coasters in use, ha CPB? Also, has the same rust color felt.
            Last edited by ErichS; 02-01-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

A great photo, CPB! That looks like Viktor Lutze on the far right, facing the camera, and if so then this photo was taken at the Führerbau, prior to July of 1934, IMO -- Lutze is wearing the tabs of an SA-Gruppenführer. Actually, all the men in the photo, except for Hess, are wearing SA uniforms; must have been a high-ranking SA luncheon or dinner...

Br. James

Comment

Here is a Bruckmann matchbox holder on the table in Hitler's Berghof office.
                Attached Files

Comment

It continues to amaze me that someone who history records as being adamantly opposed to smoking, especially in his presence, would permit things like fancy silver match boxes and cigar-cutters to be so publicly present -- especially in his personal quarters -- thereby seemingly encouraging guests to light up when sitting with him!! Is that an ashtray I see on that coffee table?! Send for the Gestapo immediately!!

Could it be that the matter of Hitler's attitude toward smoking has been greatly exaggerated in recorded history? Hhhhhmmmmm...??

Br. James

Comment

I wondered the exact same thing.

Presumably, nobody would have sat and smoked in his office when he wasn't there. So whoever was lighting up must have been doing it in his presence. So, no, I don't think he was that bothered about smoking.

Either that, or the matches are for his selection of scented candles.

I also just noticed that gadget on the table, with wire coming out of it. I think someone discussed/speculated what this was for over on AHF. Some kind of buzzer system I think was the conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      It continues to amaze me that someone who history records as being adamantly opposed to smoking, especially in his presence, would permit things like fancy silver match boxes and cigar-cutters to be so publicly present -- especially in his personal quarters -- thereby seemingly encouraging guests to light up when sitting with him!! Is that an ashtray I see on that coffee table?! Send for the Gestapo immediately!!

Could it be that the matter of Hitler's attitude toward smoking has been greatly exaggerated in recorded history? Hhhhhmmmmm...??

Br. James

It was his personal preference and this was respected by his daily entourage. However he was not so indifferent to everyone around him including visiting Royalty heads of state other vip's etc..
                      He knew the popularity of smoking and did not impose his views on those outside his every day working circle.

Comment

Originally posted by fredyfang View Post
                        No i do Not have any of thos. I am Lockung for the coffee pot bot ther is non ...
                        Do you got some?
                        Unfortunately, no.

Comment

Does this spoon look ok to you guys? Cheers, Torsten.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                            Does this spoon look ok to you guys? Cheers, Torsten.
                            Sorry Torsten,

That is a cz. Fake!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                            Fredy

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                              Unfortunately, no.
                              Brian what for pices do you have? What are you Looking for?
                              Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                              Fredy

Comment

Originally posted by fredyfang View Post
                                Sorry Torsten,

That is a cz. Fake!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                                Fredy
                                Hi Fredy, thank you. I thought that the AH, etc. looked too flat and too worn ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X