This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
    Yes, In the mid 70s in fact, to try & reign in the youth segment of the German National Front, "Wiking Jugend" But for awhile an Odal Rune without the up turned arms ( / as opposed to \/) was legal. You have to be a practicing attorney to understand the ever changing (ever assinine) laws regarding such matters in good ole "democratic germany" lol. Lets see The celtic cross (odins cross, Cross of st George, etc) with arms going outside the circle was forbidden but without the arms was legal. Now (since mid 90s ) BOTH are legal I THINK? Then there is the Wolfsangel, which I THINK legality is left up to the discretion of the local authorities. Its no suprise that when the VF were asked how so much of the 9-11 attacks were planned and originated from inside germany, they replied that they were extremely understaffed due to tracking cds & lps of bands like Landser, BFG, Skrewdriver,etc coming in and out of their borders!!!!!!! If it werent so tragic it would be comical. ANYHOW...for all those who asked for a front & back photo of my Erbhof plaque, here you go I even understand they are making iron repros of these now?
    i think you mean this?

Comment

An Erbhof sign is a perfect match for these ones...

Some more shots:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
        Cast or real?

What nonsense is that?

They are all made of cast iron and there are no copies/fakes in iron in existence at all.

A beautiful Erbhof sign in great condition - that´s all I see.

And the price is more than reasonable!
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"as I was a kid my uncle was working in a quality sand casting factory,
        I remember when he produced some Erbhof signs and some large eagles like for pole tops. So good reproductions are out, this was all in the 70's. "

Robert H appears to differ with this opinion in his post 1331 in this very thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"as I was a kid my uncle was working in a quality sand casting factory,
          I remember when he produced some Erbhof signs and some large eagles like for pole tops. So good reproductions are out, this was all in the 70's. "

Robert H appears to differ with this opinion in his post 1331 in this very thread.

Comment

Another fine DHW piece was the top of the do-it-yourself beer mug vitrine, Nr. 90.

They just cut of the feet and put it on top...so we´ll use the other one as a prime example to restore this one and get it back to it´s former glory.

Actually Nr. 90 is resting now on the third DHW piece, his big brother.
            Attached Files

Comment

Another fine DHW piece was the top of the do-it-yourself beer mug vitrine, Nr. 90.

They just cut of the feet and put it on top...so we´ll use the other one as a prime example to restore this one and get it back to it´s former glory.

Actually Nr. 90 is resting now on the third DHW piece, his big brother.
              Lovely furniture.

Comment

And now...

...the cream on the cake:

DHW Nr. 83 - their top-of-the-line piece.
                Attached Files

Comment

This piece is huge - and heavy.

All three bear the typical tree of life fittings decoration - pagan germanic interieur at it´s best.

This DHW piece was actually exhibited in the House of German Art as the top piece of the DHW production range - indeed it is impressive.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The tree of life fitting in detail - wrought iron and awesome quality.

Will keep you updated with the restoring process on these.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                      what do you guys think about this Erbhof sign for sale on e-stand? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...10#post4583510
                      A sign just like this one sold at auction yesterday for 156.39 EUR.

Comment

Where was that?

Comment

SS-Hochzeitsteller / wedding plate

Hermann Historica, Auction 61, item #8827:

"aus Holz mit beschnitztem Rand "Ehre die Scholle die uns ernährt" zwischen Kornähren. Teller dieser Art wurden von den Führern der SS-Standarten zur "Eheweihe" überreicht."

From wood, "Ehre die Scholle die uns ernährt" carved around the rim between grain spikes. Plates of this kind were presented by Leaders of the SS Standarts for the occasion of marriage consecration.

Sounds like Thorsten B. is now writing the descriptions for HH !

Comment

Finally it´s an accurate and valuable description - based on historical evidence and sources and not made up out of phantasy.

Knowledge of the history and background of the offered pieces is the key to get the grip about possible value of them - a seriously matching and accurate description is art in itself so to speak - and can be very relevant regarding the results.

The times when you just place nice pics of pieces together and call it an auction catalogue are history.

What the potential buyer wants is serious and in-depth description of each piece - especially when it comes to artistic and cultural significant pieces where still many collectors have no real clue about.

In other words: The time when collectors judged the Julleuchter to be ugly and unimportant are history as well.

Mr. Thies for example does - regarding this matter - a better job than Hermann´s.

Maybe that´s why actually they are offering the job for doing these descriptions right now - just check their website.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                              Hermann Historica, Auction 61, item #8827:

"aus Holz mit beschnitztem Rand "Ehre die Scholle die uns ernährt" zwischen Kornähren. Teller dieser Art wurden von den Führern der SS-Standarten zur "Eheweihe" überreicht."

From wood, "Ehre die Scholle die uns ernährt" carved around the rim between grain spikes. Plates of this kind were presented by Leaders of the SS Standarts for the occasion of marriage consecration.

Sounds like Thorsten B. is now writing the descriptions for HH !

Hello Der Hase Fee,
                              I dont suppose there was any sources given to back up this pretty story? Perhaps a citation form a Universitat Verlag/University Press publication that had been peer reviewed? Anything to explain how that saying proves it is SS?
                              My understanding of such plates is that regular plain folks also enjoyed having such wooden plates in their cupboard or hanging on the wall in their kitchen (maybe not always with that exact expression, but come on).
                              I find it hard to imagine every one of them was presented by leaders of the SS.
                              Last edited by Michael Fay; 04-04-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Finally it´s an accurate and valuable description - based on historical evidence and sources and not made up out of phantasy.

Knowledge of the history and background of the offered pieces is the key to get the grip about possible value of them - a seriously matching and accurate description is art in itself so to speak - and can be very relevant regarding the results.

The times when you just place nice pics of pieces together and call it an auction catalogue are history.

What the potential buyer wants is serious and in-depth description of each piece - especially when it comes to artistic and cultural significant pieces where still many collectors have no real clue about.

In other words: The time when collectors judged the Julleuchter to be ugly and unimportant are history as well.

Mr. Thies for example does - regarding this matter - a better job than Hermann´s.

Maybe that´s why actually they are offering the job for doing these descriptions right now - just check their website.
                                there are many wooden plates made during before the time, during the time and after the time. Some I have seen are christian based. Some farmed based. And some military based. So what determines that this plate is strictly SS?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X