This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
    I believe the bickering is done with, To restart the thread on cultured SS items I got this in the mail the other day with the insert
    Nice! I've had a few of these over the years but never with an SS-cover. This is the first I have seen. Nice that the insert is still there as well. Probably rarer than the magazine itself.

Comment

I have a lot of period magazines for learning what decorative items were available in the TR, there are some great pictures in them.

Edit: Pictured is a double image weaving in the Pyramus & Thisbee pattern and Binsenbank Number 50. Both products sold by DHW.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Steve T; 03-31-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

A very attractive DHW bench - and another fine DHW tapestry.

Great pic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
          I have a lot of period magazines for learning what decorative items were available in the TR, there are some great pictures in them.

Edit: Pictured is a double image weaving in the Pyramus & Thisbee pattern and Binsenbank Number 50. Both products sold by DHW.
          Ah, yes, those are good. Have you found any info on the place that made that blue Pyramus & Thisbee? I remember trying but didn't find much.

There is another issue that has a couch with what appears to be the Weitzel-pattern on it.

Comment

Here it is.

Comment

Remove post...
              Last edited by Minnesinger; 04-01-2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                Ah, yes, those are good. Have you found any info on the place that made that blue Pyramus & Thisbee? I remember trying but didn't find much.

There is another issue that has a couch with what appears to be the Weitzel-pattern on it.
                Daniel,

That's another great picture as well, indeed very much like the pattern chosen for the set-up in the Weitzel book.

The Pyramus and Thisbee pattern in the picture show above is in fact blue and white, detailed as such in the magazine. To me it looks typical of Lindmann work. It's a good picture as it proves DHW sold that pattern, and in the TR period.

On a broader note, a couple of years ago it looked as if these tapestries were acquiring a label such as 'SS Tapestries' but to me at least I feel we have collectively moved on with increased learning. These tapestries appear in period images from furniture and home-ware brochures and magazines, not many but enough to be able to consider that these weavings were available to anyone. A couple of years ago it was harder to say such a thing as you could look in the Weitzel book see the style of tapestries in there and then see it described as an SS Jul-Ecke tapestry and it would have been more difficult to put forward a different explanation. Yes, they are perfect for the Jul-corner of an SS family and shown to be suitable as such by the Weitzel book, but they are also a nice tapestry for anyone to hang on the wall in the same time period of SS existence.
                Last edited by Steve T; 04-01-2012, 08:29 AM. Reason: Terrible grammar!

Comment

Everybody - excluding so-called "foreign elements" and political enemies of the Third Reich - could and should buy certain - but definitely not all - DHW products within the official DHW shops, that was part of the initial and ideological idea and system, no doubt about that.

Everybody could also buy certain - but definitely not all - products of the PMA within their system of shops.

That is THE reason why the DHW was heavily on the way to - and did - open new shops to perfect their network of production and distribution and so to be able to provide everyone within the Reich with their products - as did the PMA.

That went hand in hand, of course, with the real goal of the whole entity:

To push back - and finally somewhat extinct really - those pieces of interieur design and decoration mainly developed within the period of the Weimar system (1918-1933) which the central figures judged to be "entartet" or "undeutsch", not based on german rural and cultural traditions, judged to be tasteless, provocative and to fool and demolish the hearts and souls of it´s german buyers and so to ruin german culture as a whole.

Especially the Bauhaus style and their created and distributed objects were judged and heavily rejected and declared officially not to be a good and long-lasting comrade, practical, representative and really worthful piece within the german home and houses to make the buyer happy for decades - but, by just letting the piece of furniture appear as if it would be worthful and cost-effective, lure the hard-earned money out of the german buyer´s pockets.

And this ought to be changed via the Third Reich via different cultural entities - combined with the ambitions of Himmler´s SS to re-create and establish a new germanic religion, based in Westphalia and on natural law.

And for realizing that the cultural products of DHW and PMA (Allach porcelain) went hand in hand - that is the key to all this and what we have to take into account when looking and understanding the cultural efforts of the SS, the products of DHW and PMA.

And that is the key to publish them - complementing each other! - within the Weitzel book.
                  Last edited by Thorsten B.; 04-01-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Here's another great image, one of the best pictures that I have in my collection of the DHW chest that was chosen for display in the Weitzel book.
                    Attached Files

Comment

GREAT picture and contribution!!

Slowly and steadily the pagan beliefs of the SS were to be spreaded among the common Germans.

The pagan mission of the SS - here we can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                        Here's another great image, one of the best pictures that I have in my collection of the DHW chest that was chosen for display in the Weitzel book.
                        I like the curtain that is described as brown and yellow in the same article as well.

Lindmann? Was that someone at P-HW?

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                          I like the curtain that is described as brown and yellow in the same article as well.

Lindmann? Was that someone at P-HW?
                          Daniel, my apologies, I spelt her name wrong, missed the 'e' out. Elisabeth Lindemann, the lady that went to Sweden to hone her skills in the craft before starting the Museums Werkstätten.

The curtain, a nice pattern I've not seen anywhere else.
                          Last edited by Steve T; 04-01-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Thanks Steve T and Daniel for letting me enjoy these tapestries again!

Steve, in finding these images you have reached some educated and valuble conclusions, without which certain individuals would continue to lead many astray. My sincere Thanks for sharing your research!

In fact, everyone should thank you both - Steve and Daniel - for your contributions to this aspect of collecting!

And I do hope Michael Fay will return and continue to contribute his knowledge too in the future.

Comment

Thank you Capt. This one is for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                                Thanks Steve T and Daniel for letting me enjoy these tapestries again!

Steve, in finding these images you have reached some educated and valuble conclusions, without which certain individuals would continue to lead many astray. My sincere Thanks for sharing your research!

In fact, everyone should thank you both - Steve and Daniel - for your contributions to this aspect of collecting!

And I do hope Michael Fay will return and continue to contribute his knowledge too in the future.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 59 users online. 0 members and 59 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X