X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
    Welcome back vid
    ;o) Thank you, must have some fun at times.

Kris

Comment

Has anyone seen this design before, in magazines, photographs or manufacturer catalogues for example? It's one I've not seen until now, the construction and materials match others I have, for example the Wiking pattern with swastikas.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Steve T; 04-21-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

No - I haven´t seen this one before.

Very nice circle of year, would be interesting to know which city at it´s bottom is (if a specific is meant to be) being depicted.

Which size?

Comment

nice piece Kris do you happen to have a picture of the backside

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
            nice piece Kris do you happen to have a picture of the backside
            Yeah, shot some yesterday but tired of uploading photos onto a server, here is a link and its going to the gallery once I write it up.

http://www.thirdreicharts.com/engine...8+Sunwheel+%29

Comment

i thought it was a brooch, but wasn't sure.. very nice.. here's the backside of the Sun wheel from your website Kris
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                i thought it was a brooch, but wasn't sure.. very nice.. here's the backside of the Sun wheel from your website Kris
                Thank you my friend!. I like these pieces and they do not come up all that often, bought another yesterday off a forum member as well.

Best,

Kris

Comment

Fine piece - 800 is usually typical for good german period quality.

Do I see this correct: is it marked on back in the center of the sunwheel?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                    Fine piece - 800 is usually typical for good german period quality.

Do I see this correct: is it marked on back in the center of the sunwheel?
                    Thorsten,

No, its marked on the lower rim actually, its a nice piece in hand.

Best,

Kris

Comment

Yes, that´s the "800" silver content stamp.

I was looking at the center in the back and thought there might be a little stamp as well but obviously it is just a spot.

Comment

No - I haven´t seen this one before.

Very nice circle of year, would be interesting to know which city at it´s bottom is (if a specific is meant to be) being depicted.

Which size?
                        It's approx. 100 x 66cm, no idea which city. I found a TR period astrological chart that shows some relationship to runes, not that I can make much sense of it!
                        Attached Files

Comment

interesting how its pretty much a exact fit

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
                            interesting how its pretty much a exact fit
                            You mean the tapestry, how is the size interesting? It's not an exact fit, I've overlaid a page from a book on to a 1 metre tapestry so we can see the book page.

Comment

1880 German iron

The old Germanic style from 1880
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sippenleuchter as tree of life in a very massive and traditional construction:
                                Not sure if from the NS period but regardless, this is a beautiful design and a meaningful subject.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X