Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another piece of material I recently bought, a catalogue of the firm Otto Schubert, Dresden.

Typical Tree of Life pattern tapestry of the type the DHW also bought in and sold.
    Attached Files

Comment

My mood has improved!

The posts get better and better! Thanks Daniel and Steve again! Beautiful images!

I esp. like how that tap. extends to the high ceiling. Makes an impressive statement and pulls the eye up. Really well done - like a tree growing through the generations - link upon link in the family chain.

Comment

DHW Nr. 50 in daily use.
        Attached Files

Comment

We used to have a single chair like the one shown in post #2330 at home. Unfortunately the Binsen had suffered from daily use and it got thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
            Here's another great image, one of the best pictures that I have in my collection of the DHW chest that was chosen for display in the Weitzel book.
            There is certainly a bit of resemblance in that tapestry to the one I have.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
              The posts get better and better! Thanks Daniel and Steve again! Beautiful images!

I esp. like how that tap. extends to the high ceiling. Makes an impressive statement and pulls the eye up. Really well done - like a tree growing through the generations - link upon link in the family chain.

I would agree if it was SS items instead of turning into images of a flea market from the houses of the elderly

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
                I would agree if it was SS items instead of turning into images of a flea market from the houses of the elderly

Anthony,

Some people want focus on purely items that the SS used in their SS cultural activities and others like to also look at the bigger cultural changes of which the SS were involved in.

If you look in the Weitzel book which you collect, you see both. What you can say is purely SS, an item such as the Julleuchter, its stands upon a DHW chest and also in front of a tapestry of the type the DHW sold. These items are linked by Weitzel himself in his book and therefore presents us with clear and pictured link between DHW and the SS. What we also see from these pictures that Daniel and I have shown is that the very same items, ie the tapestry and the DHW furniture the SS are effectively recommending to the SS membership are also available to the greater public.

Some of us like to look at the big picture of the SS involvment in the cultural movements in the Third Reich. The pictures are from period design magazines printed in the Third Reich showing the trends of the time and so an important resource in learning what exactly was available, surely valuable information whether you look at the smaller SS picture or the greater German cultural picture.

You present some nice items here and it would seem you like only the smaller picture, that's fair enough but there is no need to be disrespectful to other members greater German cultural interests with the sarcasm of the flea market and elderly comment.
                Last edited by Steve T; 04-02-2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
                  Here is a photo of an retirement home for the SS elderly.

Last edited by Minnesinger; 04-02-2012, 07:17 AM. Reason: Steve T said it better

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                    Here is a photo of an retirement home for the SS elderly.
                    Excellent picture!

It essential illustrates part of what I was trying to say in words. It is period documentation showing the cultural style of the SS, made available for purchase by the SS and anyone else in the greater German public through the DHW.

Comment

Lamp from post 2328 in full glory.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Official statement of the manufacturer:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Official statement of the manufacturer:
                          Excellent, a provider of exemplary wrought ironwork, also supplying the SS.

I've seen photographs of that room in another publication as well but I can't think where, I wonder if it is inside an SS building?

Comment

Studying the object - in this case an original wrought iron DHW floor lamp - brushed and blackened finish.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Dure and elaborated details.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Some of my wrought iron favourites - oak leaves as national symbols.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 262 users online. 0 members and 262 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X