Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve, your display is wonderful. It's so very elegant and pleasing to the eye

Comment

Bravo

Comment

Bigger, faster, more...

Hi cultural lovers,

Here comes another wooden beauty - representing the eternal circle of life (Spirale) and the eternal circle of the year with it´s four seasons and twelve months represented by twelve of the most distinctive flowers and fruits as gifts of nature within the Reich.

Constructed as a bowl with a height of 6 cm - and an impressive diameter of 40 cm.
        Attached Files

Comment

Comparing the size:
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a lovely plate/bowl

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            Hi cultural lovers,

Here comes another wooden beauty - representing the eternal circle of life (Spirale) and the eternal circle of the year with it´s four seasons and twelve months represented by twelve of the most distinctive flowers and fruits as gifts of nature within the Reich.

Constructed as a bowl with a height of 6 cm - and an impressive diameter of 40 cm.

Comment

Thank you - here is some more food.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                Thank you - here is some more food.
                I could go for the apples, pears and grapes, the pine twigs and nuts look a bit chewy though!

Plate is in good shape apart from losing its shellac, I'd be tempted to clean and re-coat, it would look fantastic displayed on a piece of DHW furniture

Comment

Spring and summer:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another great plate, Thorsten!

Comment

And autumn and winter - will indeed make a perfect display on DHW 93.
                      Attached Files

Comment

What are your opinions on this piece?

kind regards

Uli
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by H-U Rudel View Post
                          What are your opinions on this piece?

kind regards

Uli
                          Nice piece of oak furniture, but I see no TR cultural interest in the motifs.

Comment

It`s from the father of my grandmother, he was a SS member. But my grandmother doesn`t know if this piece has SS relations.

kind regards

Uli

Comment

Originally posted by H-U Rudel View Post
                              It`s from the father of my grandmother, he was a SS member. But my grandmother doesn`t know if this piece has SS relations.

kind regards

Uli
                              It looks like it could have been made in the time of the TR and its a good looking piece but the symbols are what could be found both before and after that time also. Nothing SS specific as far as I see but I'm sure some of our German members can comment with better knowledge than I.

Comment

This type of chest has been made in quite some numbers and in different sizes within the 70ties, 80ties and even today - after throwing away all the lovely old traditional oak furniture pieces in german households in the 50ties and 60ties and replacing it with Chrom- and Resopal-postmodern-retro-Bauhaus-functionary-Bim-Bam-Bums-fu**-off-sh*t-pieces of pseudo-furniture...
                                ...people realized that they just lost their culture and tried to get back a homy and comfy atmosphere and so wrought iron and oak stuff was introduced in the modernized households again and this chest is one of the typical pieces from that retro-peasant style aera.
                                Can get you ten of these within a week.

The quality and finish is different from the real traditionally handmade pieces of the TR period and does not have a real natural apperance and quality either.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X