Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful to see such pieces; great thanks for sharing them with us! As to the name written onto the top of the invitation: does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this is an original Hitler signature? It looks good to me...but I hasten to add that my opinion on such questions has often been shattered!

Again, thank you, Der Bingle, for your valuable input!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Wonderful to see such pieces; great thanks for sharing them with us! As to the name written onto the top of the invitation: does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this is an original Hitler signature? It looks good to me...but I hasten to add that my opinion on such questions has often been shattered!

Again, thank you, Der Bingle, for your valuable input!

Br. James
      Thanks all for your comments. Erich B is right, unless it can be authenticated and documented by an expert its just scribble. on one hand it belonged to Prof. Ehmen, so its very possibly good. on the other hand the entire Ehmen estate lot came from an auction in Italy......how do you authenticate such an autograph?....anyhow its in pencel so it can be easily eradicated with no fuss.

Comment

I was being facetious--I didn't pull out examples to compare it to, but at first glance it looks like it may be a good signature.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
          I was being facetious--I didn't pull out examples to compare it to, but at first glance it looks like it may be a good signature.
          Erich
          Thanks for your opinion Erich which is valued, but you were spot on. without authentication by a well known and trusted authority its not a factor in the value of the otherwise printed historical document. im glad its in pencil.

Comment

An interesting photo not seen by me before of the destroyed Mahnmal from the Axis Forums.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ErichS; 05-12-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Hi Erich,

That is an amazing photo. Is the date known?

best regards,
              Gaston

Comment

This is my contribution: Doc signed by Felix Steiner.

Kind regards, Peter
                Attached Files

Comment

Erich: what a photo! It sure puts to rest any thought of the monument possibly being disassembled and carried away by night, and one day showing up in someone's private collection! The unique eagle and swaz were really destroyed. I guess the only other representations of that unique design were the two metal standards flanking the main entrance to the Brown House, though they appear to be smaller than the one atop the Mahnmal. Anyone ever hear whether one or both of those survived?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                    hi erich,

that is an amazing photo. Is the date known?

Best regards,
                    gaston

Comment

Great photo of the wrecked Mahnmal, Erich. Looks like someone decapitated the eagle before hanging it. I wonder if the head exists? More likely it broke off when the monument was pushed over the edge.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                        Hi Erich,

Yes 1945 seems the most logic. But a bit more specific date would be interesting? I remember the picture of a bombed Munich, with about everything around the Feldherrnhalle being into pieces. The photo with the monument thrown on the ground shows however no other debris on the streets? I see also pedestrians and even someone on a bike, so i was wondering if perhaps the monument was demolished at a later date as "just" after the war?

best regards,
                        Gaston

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                          Hi Erich,

Yes 1945 seems the most logic. But a bit more specific date would be interesting? I remember the picture of a bombed Munich, with about everything around the Feldherrnhalle being into pieces. The photo with the monument thrown on the ground shows however no other debris on the streets? I see also pedestrians and even someone on a bike, so i was wondering if perhaps the monument was demolished at a later date as "just" after the war?

best regards,
                          Gaston
                          Gaston,

it was May of 1945.

Here's a look at the FHH at wars end showing much damage. I posted this photo in the past but will repost again.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for restarting this thread and rekindling my interest in the Mahnmal.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                              Great photo of the wrecked Mahnmal, Erich. Looks like someone decapitated the eagle before hanging it. I wonder if the head exists? More likely it broke off when the monument was pushed over the edge.
                              Erich
                              Erich,

the missing eagle is now the top of a bird bath in my backyard.

Comment

Another great photo, Erich -- with the Wittelsbach Residence in the background. When you walk around the little block the FHH occupies, you wouldn't know that the building it backs up to was completely leveled and rebuilt since 1945!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X