Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry didnt include picture !...............
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's my 2nd pattern bearing the recipient number "2596". Would love to know who was the holder of this one.

Unfortunately, this award has a couple of gash marks in the metal at the 7 o'clock position on the base of the monument. Sadly this affects the value....but still a nice piece to have in the collection.

John
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Gashed or not, it's still a rare piece!
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

I wouldn't lose much sleep about the small scratches, most blutorden have some little dink or another.We have to remember these are made from silver, a very soft material compared to alternative materials used for awards. 1st patterns are even more susceptible to damage due to an even higher silver content. In fact to find one with no damage at all is near impossible. To put it in to context I would say maybe 1/2 in 5 would not show any damage like a side ding or a gauge like yours.Lovely medal you have there .

Comment

Thank you both for your positive feedback. While they did not come together, here is the 1st pattern case in which I keep this medal.
              Attached Files

Comment

View of the award case interior:
                Attached Files

Comment

What a great thread this turned out to be! Jon - your BO collection is the envy of every collector... Simply outstanding! I have yet been able to acquire a possession Ausweis for a 1st or 2nd pattern - They define rare. I hope to one day add one to my collection, but I am not holding my breath

Since others are sharing their Blood Orders, here's a photo of my cased 1st pattern, attributed to a SS Officer, along with a photo of the very same Blood Order in wear at the 1937 Reichsparteitag. A discussion I started on it a while back can be viewed by clicking here.

It is with extreme elation that I am happy to announce that my good friend Raymond has located for me yet a second period photo of this Blutorden in wear, and what a photo it is

Thanks, Raymond!
                  Rob
                  Attached Files

Comment

and a close up of the recently discovered 2nd period photo of the original recipient with the very same B.O. in wear!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, lovely BO's lads, and what an excellent thread on them! Thanks for sharing!

Kai

Comment

Thanks to all the BO collectors who have added to this thread especially Jon and Rob. I didn't realize this thread would become so popular when I first posted my display. Best, Erich

Comment

Erich-
                          Pretty sweet thread you started Glad I could contribute!

Rob

Comment

.........A sneak inside a Blutorden second pattern case....
                            Attached Files

Comment

An interesting little medal for the Old gaurds reunion march ..........
                              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse side.............
                                Any one else have one of these? Must have been given to Blutorden holders
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X