Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
      Thanks guys,hope to add another next week
      Phucking showoff

Glad to see you back and posting, my friend

Rob

Comment

Jon,
        Those ID Cards with Your BlutOrdens are the Bomb!
        All in One Viewing......Wonderous!
        Bob Clark

Comment

And I was so happy to finally aquire one for my collection!

I think this is what you call Niche collecting.

Greg

Comment

One or 10, they're rare and impressive!
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

My gosh Jon, so very impressive!

Comment

Those that know me know I don't show off my collection much.Lets face it usually if you have deep pockets you can put together the best stuff.However with Blutorden its different because you just can't buy 5 a moth like you can easily do with Knights Cross,if you have the funds.I have sacrificed a lot to buy these orders,been collecting for over 25 years.Next week I will have to sell some other things to afford a new first pattern for my collection. Even scalled down to one car from 2 recently between us.
                Its worth it though IMO. These signify so much from the NSDAP era.

Comment

Blood orders

Wonderful collection, Jon!!!

I am fortunate to own #167-belonging to Johann Maier. He was a member of Bund Oberland. Is there anyway to find more info about this man? I think highly of these awards.

Comment

IMO the Blood Order and Coburg badge are the most important badges in NSDAP lore and my collecting interest are artifacts from the early days of the Party.
                    Coburg badge = 1st Party victory.
                    Blood Order = First martyrs of the Party after the failed Putsch
                    It doesn't get better than these two awards.
                    the 2nd pattern BO was most probably given to the families of the Martyrs after 1938 when the requirements were changed to include being badly wounded or death. I'm glad this thread has been so popular showing all these very important awards. Best, Erich

Comment

I've had great success having my Blood Order holders and other items researched by Mike Constady of Westmoreland Research. He's come up with files that other researchers were unable to find! Highly recommended.
                      Erich

Originally posted by Russ H View Post
                      Wonderful collection, Jon!!!

I am fortunate to own #167-belonging to Johann Maier. He was a member of Bund Oberland. Is there anyway to find more info about this man? I think highly of these awards.
                      Festina lente!

Comment

I agree with Erich that Mike is the guy. He found info on my 1st pattern when other leading researchers could not. He's very professional and always stays in contact.

Comment

Can someone tell/show me the difference between the first and second pattern Blood Roder??Thanks a lot.I find it a very beautifull award.

Comment

The 1st pattern were numbered from about 1-1500 and with MM J. Fuess Munchen and marked 990 silver content.
                            The 2nd pattern were numbered from about 1600-4100. No MM and marked 800 silver content.

Comment

BO's

Do any of you gentlemen know who owns #227?

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

It doesn't ring a bell--do you know if it still exists?
                                Erich
                                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X