This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pleasure Erich!

Yes, quite an outstanding display! Melted down.....that would make sense. Had an opportunity back in 1999 to visit the FuehrerBau and the Feldherrnhalle. It was one of those, "Wow it happened here" moments.

The interior of the buildings consist of that rich red marble that adorned the Great Hall of the Reichschancellery(now lining the Moscow subway.)

Anyway, as a collector, it is compelling to see these pieces gathered together in such a way.
    Thanks again,
    Sincerely,
    Bob Clark

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
      Here's a little grouping that I put together on items relating to the Putsch and the FHH. I hope you enjoy it! Best, Erich
      Very nice and impressive display, Erich. Love that first image.

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob, I think Jon Fish might enjoy it to if he comes back for a visit.

Comment

Great vignette! I thought I'd seen this thread but I don't remember seeing this photo.
          The photos that Terry Patton had would have been interesting to see. I wonder if any of the workers or smelters saved any of the bronze as a souvenir?
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Erich,
            Well done,outstanding ensemble there. Love the statue ,killer. Really need to visit my bank box and get a few pics of my blutorden to post on here

Comment

Erich, yes the melted down bronze would make a great paper weights! Jon, nice to hear from you again and please post some of your nice collection of BOs. Best, Erich

Comment

One final note, these Mahnmal statues are pretty rare. I only know of three of these in collections and one in a Museum in Munich so if anyone else has one please post it. Best, Erich

Comment

Erich, Certainly hard to find, something I would love to own. I'm going to the bank next week so wil take some pictures for posting Also have to post some info over on GD.com later tonight following on from a thread on blutorden over there.

Worth looking at to all blutorden collectors.... http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...5100018085/p/2
                  Last edited by Jon Fish; 01-14-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

A stunning group, Erich. Congratulations!

Comment

As promised a couple of pics from my collecton..........
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some have holders docs.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Amazing never saw so many BO's put together truly stunning

Comment

Wow!!!!!

Comment

Fantastic collection Jon and now I know why you never see many originals for sale. You own them all! Also, thanks for adding your collection to this thread. Best, Erich

Comment

Gadzooks Jon! I think you're stuck in a rut!
                                Seriously, fabulous!
                                Erich
                                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X