This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erich,will do
    Never seen this image before from the putsch, any one have the postcard?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jon Fish; 12-16-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Introducing my latest catch.
      1st pattern Numbered 1420, awarded to Hans Weckmann from the Infanterieschule.
      Any further information about him would be appreciated. I will look to have him researched in the new year.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jon Fish; 12-16-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

And a lovely little bonus...........
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
          And a lovely little bonus...........
          Nice BO except for that little ding.

Comment

Super, Jon. It should be easy to find info on Weckmann--I think a relatively small number of recipients were from the Infanterieschule. The sewn ribbon clasp makes sense for the pocketless Waffenrock.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks both Erichs! I hope I can trace him ok, will be a job for a pro.
              Real pleased with the medal,and the ding is not so bad I have it hear safe and sound

Comment

Jon you are the king of Blood Order medals, another stunning pickup well done.

Good luck on the research.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                  Jon you are the king of Blood Order medals, another stunning pickup well done.

Good luck on the research.
                  With only one first pattern in my collection, Jon is the undisputed king of Blood Orders here in our little relm.

Comment

Jon Fish is to the BlutOrden, what John Pepera is to the Golden Party Badge.
                    Masters of that particular prized NSDAP Award - Sublime Gatherings, to be sure.

What patience, sacrifice and skill went in to their Fantastic Collections!
                    and what comfort to Collectors, to know these gems are safe in their Care ...

Comment

Bob, I am humbled by your words.
                      Correct, much patience and also persistance goes in to my collecting. Its not unsual for me to spend all evening surfing the web and obscure avenues of investigation so I don't miss anything.
                      I have missed a few 1st pattern Blood orders this year. 2 sold for prices I was not prepared to pay [at auction] One slipped through my fingers at auction for less than retail but they said they could not get through to my phone line ! A bit of a stich up,but lesson learnt And Helmut Weitze sold one, but at a sublime price.
                      Ulrich had, and sold number '6' but failed to reply to my e-mail
                      I try to be careful not to fuel the price rises on these by paying sensible money but not well over. It can be hard at times to reign in the enthusiasm but I'm on a limited budget and have 3 kids as well !

Here is a nice,but shows wear, 2nd pattern. This medal started my Blood Order collection.I sometimes still think about the SS blades and AH silver I sold to finance them,but that stuff is always readily available and if/when I win the lottery I could buy it all back in a flash
                      Attached Files

Comment

A quote from Richard Doetsch's The Thieves of Faith:

"It is the desire to obtain the unattainable that drives the true collector. To possess what others cannot. Items thought long gone, lost to time, to history, to wars and ravage. And as the economic model dictates, price is truly a function of supply and demand."

Comment

Fake Blood Order Alert.
                          This was sold in 2010 at an American auction house for $5500 plus fee's.
                          Unfortunatly the guy was robbed. He did ask me after he purchased ! but not sure if he got his money back.
                          Fake first pattern,but a decent effort. The numbering font especially good. Still easy enough to spot out but its one of the best 1st pattern fakes I have seen.
                          Of course its trying to be a first pattern case,but is a second pattern style.
                          Attached Files

Comment

They are getting better guys, beware!
                            Attached Files

Comment

This close up tells the story of multiple problems.
                              Can't comment on the case as thats all the views I had, but might be ok 2nd patt case.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting this repro 1st pattern Jon, and it's the first that I have seen. The number font is good but the dead give away for me are the statues and lions. There are other problems but these really stood out. Along with the fake 2nd pattern that I posted a few months ago, the bad guys are getting better!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X