Comment

Me too!!!!!

Comment

A lovely combo
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
          A lovely combo
          I think you've said all and congrats on your new SS sword!

Comment

Put this on a thread of its own but thought to sling a piccy up to this thread as well so it stays around longer
            3 of my latest medals.
            Attached Files

Comment

Some feel that these ribbon attachments are a bit controversial. IMO, they existed but for what purpose, I'm not sure. The quality of this piece along with the detail screams TR vintage along with being an original BO ribbon. This ribbon device matches the one shown in Niemann's book that came with Fobke's cased Blood Order and GPB. This ribbon device now sits in my collection next to my BO.
              Attached Files

Comment

Erich, your is fine, it matches also the one I have from a very solid source.
                As we discussed I also don't know the purpose but still like the potential idea they were available for fallen blutordentragers family to wear. We need a period photo to pop up to hammer home the real reason. Closest I had picture wise was the father wearing his sons blood orderr ribbon with gold party badge attached to this.
                Only have this pic to hand right now......
                Attached Files

Comment

So...assuming for a second that it IS original, ...I have a question ...what would the meaning be for this attachment. It's understood, when wearing the bar, one earned the order.

Do you have any theories why there would be an attachment to the ribbon, and seems redundant , unless say , you had served as the honor guard at the feldherrenhalle, or were special in some way in the putch ,or so on, so i look forward to someone figuring that out ,if to if it has extra significance , and better yet hopefully someone...finding a period photo of one of these in wear, as that would really ice the cake..

Unless of course its a commemorative post war award purchasable by the winners as in post war west german denatzified awards. Not saying that is what this is, cause i like it..I am just curious as to my question, and usually ribbon attachments were very finely detailed . I am imagining this attachment to be around 1/4 inch in length. Thanks for showing it. One other thing i just thought of, was there are several TR awards that have red, ribbons with different colored edging, so possibly it was to differentiate this award from the others . Its is compelling .

Comment

These pieces could have possibly been purchased by the holder as a tag along for their Order. There are others which most are fake IMO, that are a ribbon bar with a pin attachment and these pieces are very cheap looking. The only pin back I like is the one owned by John Pepera. Again, I don't know it's purpose but like Jon's if it was a fake they would not have used an original ribbon. As far as being sold post war, that was not possible because only Military awards and not Party awards could be purchased by recipients.

Comment

hi

Hi
                      Very nice thread

Comment

Here are a few photos of a BO and document from a large grouping that I saw at last years MAX awarded to Eugen Bruschwiler. There was also a great article on the man in the latest Military Advisor.
                        Attached Files

Comment

document
                          Attached Files

Comment

These Blood Orders really talk to you and bring history to life!

Comment

Friends,

Please forgive my admitted ignorance in asking, but could it be possible that the Feldherrnhalle device was added to the Blood Order bar ribbon in an effort to distinguish the BO from a similar bar ribbon -- perhaps that of the German Order or the German Eagle Order or even the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross? To my eye, all of those bar ribbons include essentially the same color combinations, though of differing widths. Just a question...?

Br. James

Comment

No, because the Blood Order ribbon was never allowed to be worn on a ribbon (or medal) bar. I've seen one that I thought could have been period, but I've never picked one up because of the lack of documentation and seemingly no reason for them to exist.
                                Erich
                                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X