This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reburial

I posted this glass slide a few years ago but for those who missed it; here it is as it's worthy of this thread.

Putsch martyrs being carried by Blood Order holders at Feldernhalle.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great shot! You should have a large print made from the negative--it would look super framed.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

fantastic photo! agreed- wonder how it would look if processed to a large print!

Comment

Very nice and a great contribution to this ever growing thread.

Comment

Here's a photo for sale on Manions web site that may be of interest to contributors to this thread.

http://www.manions.com/bid/bid.aspx~...4~pic~20090720

Comment

While in Munich last week I took a TR tour and while we were standinding next to the Feldherrnhalle an old man approaches us and tells us that when the Mahnmal was in place he would walk through the alley to come out on the other side so he would not have to salute it. He said there were Police officers there to arrest you if you passed without a Salute. I will post some photos soon.

Comment

I managed to pop in to the bank today and snap a few pitures of another set I own. Check it out.............
                Attached Files

Comment

Closer up o the medal.Hey Rob- one for your archive :]

Sorry guys bit blurry I was in a rush !
                  Attached Files

Comment

I went to the bank today too but only came home with a deposit receipt! Nice grouping Jon!!

Comment

Picked this up a few years back..............
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                        Hey Rob- one for your archive :]

Rob.

Comment

Nice one Jon!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                            Picked this up a few years back..............
                            Nice piece Jon, I have seen that same ribbon device with with more than a few cased BO sets. All have been 1st patterns though.

Comment

Thanks Erich likewise only seen them with first patterns.

Comment

What do you think about those ribbon bars? I saw a very nicely made stickpin version for sale several years ago, but passed on it since I've never been able to find any documentation allowing for a ribbon bar--in fact, it was specifically not allowed to wear the ribbon on a bar. Modern-produced FHH devices for ribbons have been around for at least 20 years (not that these are reproductions) which were most likely based on a device made during the period, but why were they produced? Were they an aftermarket souvenir, or ?
                                Erich
                                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X