Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Erich, Ohh but I remember the last one you bought and what a cracker it is ,with a splendid ribbon
    Well its been nearly 30 years since I bought my first EK2 that kicked it all off.Although I have changed direction many times during this journey I think blood orders have become my final destination. But even now I get very tempted by a nice SS or SA blade and can find it hard to remain focused !!
    Its kinda nice to have a goal but perhaps I should have made my goal re -sitting my maths exam because 10% of 1500 is certainly not 15
    So I guess I'm shooting for 1.5% of all 1st patterns.

Comment

I suspected you meant 1%, but didn't want to rain on your parade if you were being extremely optimistic!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Okay lets get this straight ! 1% of 1500 is 15 - Thats my target !! Thanks for the pm's guys !
        Well here is the question......
        How many first pattern Blood orders out there ? Anyone wish to guess?
        Perhaps 300 of the 1500 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
          Okay lets get this straight ! 1% of 1500 is 15 - Thats my target !! Thanks for the pm's guys !
          Well here is the question......
          How many first pattern Blood orders out there ? Anyone wish to guess?
          Perhaps 300 of the 1500 ?

John, my guess is in line with yours, say 375 - 400 (roughly a quarter). Sorry but I do not know what that equals in "Fishmatics"

Rob

Comment

Rob, you got me laughing out loud !
            ''Fishmatics'' Love it
            God knows how I make deals without being stung lol
            Yes a 1/4 sounds plausible. How many have you got on your spreadsheet?

Comment

''Fishmatics'' Love it
              Jon, my money is on you meeting your goal. I also feel that there is 500 or less 1st patterns still out there but alas I only own one of them.

Comment

''Fishmatics'' Love it

I'm on my iPhone so I'll have to verify when I get home, but last time I checked I think I had around close to 50 known surviving 1st patterns. I've only been keeping track of what I see posted here, on other forums or sold on dealer sites so obviously there are more out there. Still, I would be quite surprised to learn that more than 400 or so have survived.

Keep up the pace you've been maintaining and you'll have all but two (mine and Erich's) within the next....oh, 10 years

Rob

Comment

I've been offered a cracking group and need to move on another lovely set ! This 2nd patt cased set is featured in Detlevs guide.It is awesome.Heavy heart to sell this one but needs must to buy the next target !
                  First heads up to political collectors here................
                  Will hit e-stand tommorow
                  Attached Files

Comment

Case.......
                    Here will be a RARE chance to get a matched medal/document. Don't know of more than a handful of these out there in the collecting community.
                    Medal is in excellent condition with the button hole ribbon.
                    Case is also excellent condition.
                    Linen ID has been carried on the person,as it was required to be to prove the holder was entitled to wear the Blood Order.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Lovely set Jon and I can understand your feeling of loss.

If I hadn't of purchased another Kripo dienstausweis and another matched Kripo dienstmarke and dienstausweis, I would be all over this!

Comment

Found another of these today,this time in amber orange colour.Now have a blue,green and orange
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice find Jon, I'm partial to the amber myself.

Comment

I'm bumping this topic with a small contribution but still interesting for people I reckon.
                            It is a dutch article from "Zondagsvriend" a weekly newspaper. It dates from the 6th october 1938.
                            I apologize for the ****ty quality of my picture, but I don't have good camera at this moment.

Comment

Rainy day here today so I thought I would get the camera out and take a couple of pretty pictures.
                              Attached Files

Comment

If anyone else would like to share their 1st pattern Blood Order please post it or them here!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X