X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The certificate plus a letter from Berlin

Certificate of Honor
    Mr. Wilhelm Schünemann Hamburg
    Awarded in recognition of special shooting achievements, the shooting of a huntable deer in the state territories.

and

Subject. deer shooting
    Owing to the absence of the head of the Reichsjägermeister, the allocation of a district
    can not be completed until the beginning of August. The launch is expected to be possible in the rut.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JamesT; 11-08-2017, 11:10 AM.
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

some photos

I wonder if the top one is of Herr Wilhelm Schünemann? The deer's head the old boy is holding appear to be one point larger than the set I have.
      Attached Files
      Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

and lastly a couple of knives. One has an SS badge on it.
        Attached Files

Comment

and lastly the massive sign with the huge bronze DJ badge on it. The badge at the top is just for scale. The heavy carved oak board is 15 inches tall and 9.5 inches wide.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by soonerhayden View Post
            Here are some of my items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I'm pretty certain that the badges with the stags head and crown are attributed to a post WW1 paramilitary organisation rather than a forerunner of the DJ. I've just spent quite a long time trying the find the threads on WAF but can't but I'm sure someone will chip in.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesT View Post
              I'm pretty certain that the badges with the stags head and crown are attributed to a post WW1 paramilitary organisation rather than a forerunner of the DJ. I've just spent quite a long time trying the find the threads on WAF but can't but I'm sure someone will chip in.

Got it - Freikorps. Sturmabteilung Roßbach.
              Last edited by JamesT; 11-08-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Hi James!
                Really nice collection of Deutsche Jägerschaft items. I am a forestry collector since 1988 so I need to give a comment on the tunic: Though the badges ( as far as I can judge them from the pics) are original , but the tunic itself is pure fantasy.
                A forestry official, member of the DJ and having a function there, would either wear his forestry uniform with the addition of the DJ patch on the upper sleeve or the uniform of the DJ. And never a political brassard! Belt and cross strap was the style worn by Luftwaffe forestry, DJ wore only the belt.
                Coat looks correct.

The DJ/ hunting uniforms were always tailored in a middle grey colour cloth compared to the grey-green of forestry.

Best Wishes
                Stefany

Comment

Originally posted by foersterBerlin View Post
                  Hi James!
                  Really nice collection of Deutsche Jägerschaft items. I am a forestry collector since 1988 so I need to give a comment on the tunic: Though the badges ( as far as I can judge them from the pics) are original , but the tunic itself is pure fantasy.
                  A forestry official, member of the DJ and having a function there, would either wear his forestry uniform with the addition of the DJ patch on the upper sleeve or the uniform of the DJ. And never a political brassard! Belt and cross strap was the style worn by Luftwaffe forestry, DJ wore only the belt.
                  Coat looks correct.

The DJ/ hunting uniforms were always tailored in a middle grey colour cloth compared to the grey-green of forestry.

Best Wishes
                  Stefany
                  Hi Stefany, Thanks for your comments on met badges etc. Uniforms are not mine but posted by another member - soonerhayden. I was making a comment on his post about he Freicorps badges that he has included in his collection.
                  Thanks

James

Comment

Hi Guys,
                    Nice to see this thread keeps rolling along, attached is a selection of my hunting gear, will get a photo of other items soon.

Regards
                    Steve C
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve C View Post
                      Hi Guys,
                      Nice to see this thread keeps rolling along, attached is a selection of my hunting gear, will get a photo of other items soon.

Regards
                      Steve C
                      Those are beautiful cutlases. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Some impressive items being posted here, I really like that wooden sign/plaque!
                        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

i took the Ehrenurkunde out of it's frame.

It appears to be on some sort of skin, would that be vellum? It also appears to have been hand written. It has not been stored particularly well and the black spots on the back look like some sort of mould. Also you can see in the photo that there is some sort of water damage along the bottom.

In the photo of the signature it looks as thought a mistake was made in the writing of Reichsjägermeister and it has been scratched out and re written below. This is not immediately apparent when you look at the document and only becomes obvious in the photo.

Firstly, do you think that this is an original Ehrenurkunde and secondly, Could the signature of Goering be original? You can see that the signature was added after the correction was made.

What do you think?

Many thanks

James
                          Attached Files

Comment

Any DJ experts out there care to comment on the Ehrenurkunde. I've not seen one like this before so have no knowledge of how common something like this was and if it might be personally signed by Goering?

Comment

Hi Guys,
                              Finally got round to getting more photos of my hunting items.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I am trying to get some close shots but can’t seem to download them at the moment, wiling try later.
                                Regards
                                Steve C

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X