This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gebirgsjaeger View Post
    Here is a DJ pin I could not identify. Does anybody have a clue what does "K" stands for?
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=711313
    Here are the pics, for the archive

Comment

Interesting hunting license

For your consideration and comment, an interesting hunting license I am picking up. It has the following weird things going on:

1) Post war license on third reich stock. Dated 1946, but has swastikas, which have been lined out.
      2) Early Austro-Hungarian Gendarm uniform on subject's photo (thanks to foersterBerlin for helping me figure out the uniform).
      3) Young man in photo, but birth year of 1892 (or I hope I look that good when I turn 54 in May).
      4) Post war stamped.

I guess when the war was over, they used whatever stock they could until more could be produced.

Comments?

Thanks
      Jim
      Carr 1.jpg

Comment

D.J. Collection

Originally posted by Dave C. View Post
        Martin,

Many thanks for posting your Jugendliche license variation! I do find it most interesting to be able to actually see an example of thise rare license!

Unfortunately, I don't have an example allthough the other day I was playing around with what I currently have and snapped this picture.

Thanks Again!

Dave
        Hello: I was looking at your fine collection of D.J. items and noticed that in the upper right hand corner of your photo is a gold bullion stag head with swastika on dark green material. I just purchased two of these at a local flea market and was wondering exactly what they are? They are rectangular and multi stitched on the rear and are in pristine condition except for the 70 years of patina. They are missing the "DJ" letters which almost led me to pass up on the acquisition, but when the seller came down from $250.00 to $100.00 for the pair, I thought that I would take a chance. Would you happen to have any additional info on these emblems/patches?

Thanks, Jules...

Comment

Originally posted by Berlin1961 View Post
          Hello: I was looking at your fine collection of D.J. items and noticed that in the upper right hand corner of your photo is a gold bullion stag head with swastika on dark green material. I just purchased two of these at a local flea market and was wondering exactly what they are? They are rectangular and multi stitched on the rear and are in pristine condition except for the 70 years of patina. They are missing the "DJ" letters which almost led me to pass up on the acquisition, but when the seller came down from $250.00 to $100.00 for the pair, I thought that I would take a chance. Would you happen to have any additional info on these emblems/patches?

Thanks, Jules...

Hi Jules, by chance are you refering to the examples as posted in #89 of this thread (linked below)?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=234363&page=6

If so, these are basically an unknown and I only remember seeing less than a handful of them. They are thought to be early examples and possibly unfinished. By the size I would assume they were intended for the sleeve.
          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Originally posted by jimc View Post
            For your consideration and comment, an interesting hunting license I am picking up. It has the following weird things going on:

1) Post war license on third reich stock. Dated 1946, but has swastikas, which have been lined out.
            2) Early Austro-Hungarian Gendarm uniform on subject's photo (thanks to foersterBerlin for helping me figure out the uniform).
            3) Young man in photo, but birth year of 1892 (or I hope I look that good when I turn 54 in May).
            4) Post war stamped.

I guess when the war was over, they used whatever stock they could until more could be produced.

Comments?

Thanks
            Jim
            [ATTACH]2758074[/ATTACH]
            Jim, by chance did you figure out the era of uniform in wear? This might help date the photo. Perhaps it was utilization of a much earlier photo of the named individual on this example. I'll have to look and see if I have something more saved about these unforms.
            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Dave,
              Yes I have. According to Stefany, these uniforms were worn from WWI until the 30s.

Thanks
              Jim

Comment

SOS hunting license pickup

I don't know who this guy is, but he got his hunting license free of charge. Some high level official, I guess. Can anyone translate enough to know?

Thanks
                Jim

20140303_160243.jpg

20140303_160448_resized_1.jpg

Comment

The guy was a Revierfoerster, so a medium ranking official. As a forester he has not to pay for his hunting license.
                  He had not to pay fees for the "hunting year" 1941/42, but payed 5 Reichsmark to have his license also for the year 1942/43.

Best
                  Stefany

Comment

Was just given this Hunting assoc badge.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                      Was just given this Hunting assoc badge.
                      What a great gift, congrats!

This reminds me that I found a little something DJ at last collector show that I will have to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C. View Post
                        What a great gift, congrats!

This reminds me that I found a little something DJ at last collector show that I will have to post.
                        Thank you.
                        I don't see many of these listed and I searched a few dealer sites looking
                        for more. Are they fairly uncommon or just not popular?

Greg
                        Last edited by gregM; 07-25-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

These badges are somewhat common but interest in the hunting association items seems to only appeal to a limited group of collectors. From time-to-time I've seen them listed at various dealers sites although they seem to be a slow sell unless priced attractively.

Comment

Thank you.
                            That is what I thought. Interest goes way down if it's not combat related.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head.

Here's my find from the last show I attended...I was actually shocked to find a DJ item! The color / quality is much better in hand. It's small, the badge is for size reference.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very cool piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X