Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soonerhayden Could you tell me is that a cap badge in post 546? Thanks A lot I don't post much but I have some of this stuff. Robert

Comment

Originally posted by burgerhaus View Post
      Soonerhayden Could you tell me is that a cap badge in post 546? Thanks A lot I don't post much but I have some of this stuff. Robert
      Robert,

Did you mean 456? If so and if you are referring to the round one with green, that is a cap badge. I had one of these in the past, neat little pieces.

Regards,

Dave
      Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C. View Post
        Robert, Did you mean 456? If so and if you are referring to the round one with green, that is a cap badge. Regards, Dave

One can say it is a cap badge, but in fact it is a cockade and as such described in the uniform-regulations (Kokarde für Uniform und Baschlikmütze).

Comment

Technical foul An example previous posted in #405
          Attached Files
          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Thanks for the info. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C. View Post
              Technical foul An example previous posted in #405
              I can use a couple of these in my collection hahaha.

Comment

here's the center motif on a very large flag I picked up.

William Kramer
                Attached Files
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

With all the handsome edged weapons, uniforms and headgear and excellent awards and certificates, I am surprised no one has posted their Jäger pistol. The new Hunting Law of 1934 that made it mandatory for any German hunter to train his shooting abilities – shotgun, rifle and pistol. During a year a hunter had to participate in shooting training sessions. And he had to shoot with a pistol during such trainings. Consequently, major German arms companies developed specially designed Jäger pistols in .22lr caliber to facilitate accuracy. Walther used their successful Olympic pistol design with a shortened barrel length to produce a Jäger pistol that was very successful. Here is an example, personalized with the hunter's initials on the pistol slide and the carrying case.

Each hunter was issued a Shooting Manual that provided instructions for the competitive shooting and space to records practice and successful shoots.

A photo of a hunter during his testing shoot.

Photo of manual and shooter from the collection of M. Krause.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dave C.; 10-23-2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                    With all the handsome edged weapons, uniforms and headgear and excellent awards and certificates, I am surprised no one has posted their Jäger pistol.
                    Joe, I only wish I had one (or maybe 2-3) to post, unfortunately I've never even put one in hand. Personalized and cased, you are very fortunate, thank you for sharing. Also that's an interesting target subject matter in that photo.

Comment

Opinion asked about this cloth insignia. Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another super interesting piece I picked up for my collection was this DJ motif carved into a piece of antler.

William Kramer
                        Attached Files
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

DJ Postcard set

A set of DJ postcards i got recently.

cheers, del.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice additions everyone, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by patriote3945 View Post
                              Opinion asked about this cloth insignia. Thanks.

One looker original. Great find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Four of my Jägerschaft sleeve patches.
                                IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191216/00864499baaa0e41923bc0ddebb358fb.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X