Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey all,

what an fantastic thread, it really gives you a better look of how things where during the war.
    I have 1 question.
    Could someone who is perhaps bored colour one of these photographs in for me?
    It would mean a lot to me.
    Thanks in advance!!

Gr. Stahlhelmwilly

Comment

my try..

i am new to this coloring
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Glad this thread I started is still going. There are some good free photo enhancing programs out there like GIMP. Here is what I was able to do with that image...which is a good one by the way.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Lloyd I.; 09-26-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Wonderful!!!

Here's my attempt.

Cheers,
          Larry
          Attached Files

Comment

wow very well done, thanks to all!!!
            You made me a very happy man.
            If someone is interested in colouring this pic, 1 would aprectiate it a lot.
            The pic is made in my hometown at the corner of my street.
            Link:
            http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ownhallre4.jpg

Comment

4 hours of work, not superb but i hope you like it:

and here in the original resolution:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3...lre4copzv8.jpg
              Last edited by Maigewitter; 09-27-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

4 hours of work? wow thanks a lot the result is amazing.
                It is great to see a picture from your own village in colour.

Comment

Heres one i did some time ago at college, was trying to keep it arty so left the majority of it B&W.
                  Its a photo by Robert Capa, called the LAst GI. Quite a moving picture.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stahlhelmwilly View Post
                    4 hours of work? wow thanks a lot the result is amazing.
                    It is great to see a picture from your own village in colour.
                    Do you have maybe picture how the scene looks today?

Comment

Yes i have 2 but they were made in spring, you can't see a lot because of the leafs on the trees.
                      I will try to make a better picture tomorrow, the leafs are gone

Comment

You have all gotten me back into this game. I will be working on some this weekend as I can. I have surgery tomorrow so we will see. In the meantime, for those of you who need it. This is an RGB color chart. Use the number to input on R G B, then be sure to set your opacity to something low. I have also found that using the gradient tool to apply this to a selection such as a face can do wonders.

For example, if you used a light pink and dark tan as the background color then used the gradient on your image it will give natural highlights and the original shadowing will bleed through because of the opacity settings.

I have an hires if anyone wants it. Just PM me.

Good luck.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's a great job on the Capa photo! Don't know if you noticed, but in the original (in LIFE magazine, I believe) you can see that this poor guy was wearing a Luftwaffe flight helmet. On a side note also, Spielberg copied this graphic in 'Saving Private Ryan' in the scene near the end when the SS guys came up the steps and the 101st guy sprayed a burst next to the stairwell door frame.

Comment

Next one

What do you think about it?
                            Last edited by Maigewitter; 09-27-2007, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Leroy, thanks!

I always wondered what he was wearing because it definately isnt a US tin helmet. Wonder why he had a Luftwaffer flight helmet on?

Also thanks for the SPR info, never noticed that!

Comment

great job! you really know what youre doing
                                I downloaded photoshop myself 2 but i have a lot of learning to do.
                                I have 1 picture where my entire family thinks it is my greatgrandfather but i think he is better to recognise when in colour.
                                This is a reason why i would like to lear how to colour in a pic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X