No announcement yet.

Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low resolution not good for coloring this photo but I've given it a try.

Cheers
    Larry
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

It looks very beautiful

You'll be credited, send me e-mail with everything if you want.
      If you are busy with others, tell me also in that mail.

You may always resize them and everything.

The site of our museum will be: WWW.BUNKERENVLIEGTUIGARCHEO.COM
      Only needs to be activated

Comment

Hi Sturmkreuz

Here's another colorized photo for you.
        Attached Files

Comment

t
          Last edited by Larrister; 07-12-2008, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Larry, just brilliant man
            Your really becoming a master craftsman in this art.
            Congradulations.
            Ian

Comment

Thanks very much Ian. The pics lose a lot of their quality when I lower the resolution to post them them here. The sharpness and color quality is much better in the original.

Cheers
              Larry
              Attached Files

Comment

Is there someone who wants to color in some SS-Langemarck photos?

Kindly Regards
                Bart

Comment

I have a couple which need to be done. You'll be credited and mentioned on my site.

Kindly Regards
                  Bart

Comment

isn't 351 arse-sideways.

Shouldn't the decorations be on the right hand side of the photo??

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
                      isn't 351 arse-sideways.

Shouldn't the decorations be on the right hand side of the photo??
                      Yes it is. I colored it as it was.

If you are unhappy with this I will post it the right way round.

Larry

Comment

Just another little project I have completed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Larry i love your work. I looked over your picture, saying to myself, how could i improve the picture. it didnt work ;-)
                          You got the jacket colour and texture absolutly perfect, well done.
                          Your skin colours are very good and balanced, something i find very challenging to get right. superb. absolutly superb.

I think i might have a spare hour this evening. Its been too long since i did a nice colourising and i find such great fun.
                          I use photo shop CS3 and what i do, is select, copy and paste each major part of the picture into a seperate layer.
                          Then i can work on each piece at different times.
                          When i have it nearrly right. I sometimes flatten them all and then start playing with the light, contract and colour hugh levels to give a real gritty war photo look.

Ian

Comment

Excellent work Larry!!

How long does it take for you to colorize an average pic??

Comment

Hi Ian

Thanks for the nice words.

I tried to color my photos using the layering techique but found I wasn't very good at it.

I trace around whatever I want colored and use the "Color Balance" tool to mix colors until I am happy with the result.

The "Magic Wand" tool is very handy when I want to vary colors in facial areas.

Hi Todd

Thanks also for your nice words.

The time taken to color photos varies depending on the subject matter.
                              I used to be really slow but now I can do a portrait photo in a couple of days.

Photos above such as #333 & #342 took about 2-3 weeks to do as every object in the photos had to be individually traced around and seperately colored. Photos need to be of high resolution and clear.

This takes a lot of patience but I love doing it and your kind words are the icing on the cake.

Well, off to find another picture to colorize.

Cheers
                              Larry

Comment

Hi

For those who want to know how I colorize my photos I have made up a little tutorial. I have numbered the stages and have posted corresponding photos.

1. I started by carefully tracing around the face using the "Polygonal Lasso Tool" and added red which will be the base color for the face.

2. I then added a little yellow using the same technique to give a more fleshy tone.

3. I traced around the eyes and helmet strap using the "Desaturation Tool" to bring those areas back to B & W.

4. Traced around eyeball and added green with a little blue.
                                Traced around lips and colored with a little red.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Larrister; 08-29-2008, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X