Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ian,

Great job! The pic looks 100% better. Thanks for the compliments and good advice. Will go and alter the colours in the original colourized photo.

Cheers,
    Larry

Comment

Another from me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another colorization.
        Attached Files

Comment

Larrister, i cant stop myself but compliment you, your skill is surely improving in
          leaps and bounds.
          Im especially impressed about your skill in doing the face and skin.
          I always found doing human skin colours the most difficulty and challenging. And from experience I know that if you dont get the facial shin pigments correct, the whole image will look wrong in the end,
          But all the crisp colours of the elements, ie. the inner shirt and even the very nicely done ribbon bar and medals, just make this work a absolute pleasure to look at.
          Keep up the great work !
          Ian

Comment

Alrighty, this is my first serious attempt at colorizing a military photo. I was fairly happy with the image of the girl that I posted earlier, although it could stand some improvement. But I hadn't really had a go at this kind of photo until now.

My focus was on the aircraft, so the tarmac, sky, and background are pretty blah. But I'll work on those kinda things next time 'round.

Oh, and I know you're all pretty much TR kinda guys, so please excuse the subject matter...

Click for larger image

Fade to Black...

Comment

re: Colorizing photos

Great thread! Colorizing photos is a side business of mine (as if I need any more WW2 German businesses) and I have actually been paid and published. If you have ever seen "Platz Der Leibstandarte" published by RZM... the cover photo is my work. As a matter of fact, I laid out the whole book too. It was a fun job. Here's a link, though the image here is crappy compared to the real thing.

http://www.rzm.com/books/rzm/lah.cfm

I'll see if I can find my copy of the image. Keep up the good work everybody!

Mike Bollow

Comment

Hi Ian,

Thankyou for the nice words. Yes, skin colours and tones are hard to do. It all depends on the quality of the photo. I have noticed that some of the colours in my photos change slightly and tend to bleed into each other when I have to reduce the resolution to post them on this thread.
                They look a lot better in high resolution.

BlackWolf3945 and Mike:

Nice colourizations! You are both very good.

Cheers,

Larry

Comment

Hay Larry, you inspired me , i sat down for the first time in months and did a quick colorisation. Nothing special, just a nice portrait shot i got recently in the post, thought it needed a little colour ;-)
                  On another point, Larry you mentioned your loosing quality of the line when you downsize the image for viewing on the net, im curies how do you downsize your images, do you use photoshop, if so, let me know and i might be able to help !
                  Cheers.
                  Ian
                  Last edited by atomicmisfit; 09-04-2007, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Hi Ian,

Good to see some of your work. Nice photo too.

I have been resizing my photos using ACDSee 4. This could be the reason that I'm losing picture quality.

Here's another colourized portrait photo from the same album as the one above. I resized this one using PS.

Cheers,
                    Larry
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just finished my first colorization.

The man in the picture is my grandfather in Assisi around 1943.

What do you think? I know its not perfect, but i think for the first time its ok.

Makes a lot of fun!

best regards
                      Last edited by Maigewitter; 03-27-2007, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Maigewitter,

I think you have done a great colourization seeing that it's your first attempt.
                        Please show more.

Cheers,
                        Larry

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

great shot for first time
                            tell more about your grandad...

awards? were did he fought?
                            is he still alive? do you have more stuff from your grandfather?
                            cheers mate

Comment

Gee, guys. Your work is so good, I almost hate to put a pin in the balloon...

But here goes!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...701/Smiley.jpg

Comment

- - -
                                Last edited by Maigewitter; 04-01-2007, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X