Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
    There's some very good work being posted here in this thread. It is great to see so many contributers as well.

Cheers
    Larry
    I'll second that

regards

Alex

Comment

Finally :

Comment

Originally posted by Luftsturm View Post
        Finally :

Nice one.

regards

Alex K

Comment

Originally posted by Ron C. View Post

Sorry, I don't know what grades of his sport and rider's badges he held. I can change them if you can tell me the grades.

Ron C.
          He held silver in both That looks brilliant-the face is so life-like!! Could you make the underlay of his shoulderboards dark police green? Wow thank you so much Ron, I can't believe how quickly you have been able to do it too! I must learn how to do this myself (if only I had photoshop at work!)
          Thank you so much again,
          Simon

Comment

Originally posted by dmytro View Post
            Nice one.

regards

Alex K

Thanks

Other one

Comment

Originally posted by Simno View Post
              He held silver in both That looks brilliant-the face is so life-like!! Could you make the underlay of his shoulderboards dark police green? Wow thank you so much Ron, I can't believe how quickly you have been able to do it too! I must learn how to do this myself (if only I had photoshop at work!)
              Thank you so much again,
              Simon
              Simon,

Here it is with the changes you indicated.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ron C. View Post
                Simon,

Here it is with the changes you indicated.

Ron

Thank you so so much! Not to sound ungrateful but if you could do two more things - give the jacket a slight greenish grey tinge and add gold to the bullion on the shoulderboards it will be spot on accurate! I can't believe what an incredible job you've done of the ribbon bar!!!!!

Excuse all the exclamation marks, but your work has made my evening! Thanks again,
                Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simno View Post
                  Thank you so so much! Not to sound ungrateful but if you could do two more things - give the jacket a slight greenish grey tinge and add gold to the bullion on the shoulderboards it will be spot on accurate! I can't believe what an incredible job you've done of the ribbon bar!!!!!

Excuse all the exclamation marks, but your work has made my evening! Thanks again,
                  Simon
                  Simon,

OK. I did a slight color change on the tunic, and put some touch of gold in the boards......have to do the latter, since I can't put detail in a photo that isn't in there very well. The original photo was a bit to light in the boards, and it sort of washed out the braid detail making it hard to tell what area should be silver and what gold.

Ron

Comment

Hi

Here is my colorization.

Not sure about colors of the horse rider's badge which I think may have been bronze, also not sure about color of sports badge.

Cheers
                    Larry
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow Ron and Larry, thanks so so much! I'm spoiled for choice! The hand colourisation on the bullion epps is fantastic Ron cheers! You got the grades of the awards spot on Larry thank you- and the colouring of the tunic!!
                      Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks Simno,

Here's the other photo.

Cheers
                        Larry
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                          Thanks Simno,

Here's the other photo.

Cheers
                          Larry
                          Thank you so so very much! I had an awful evening last night, one of my kittens is very poorly and I hardly slept so to check on the board and see this this morning really lifted my spirits! I really appreciate the brilliant work you've done on the pictures for me and I hope you enjoyed doing it!

Thank you so much again and I can't wait to see more of your own photos colourized - this is one of my favourite threads! I want to have a go at doing it myself now!

Comment

Latest offering Franz Ritter Von Leeb, from Bundesarchiv

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4...eb2copyng1.jpg

regards

Alex K

Comment

Anybody want to have a try at this photo?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dmytro View Post
                                Latest offering Franz Ritter Von Leeb, from Bundesarchiv

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4...eb2copyng1.jpg

regards

Alex K
                                HOLY COW! If looks could kill!!! That's one intense photo.

B

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X