Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I like your colored photo very much. It's good to see other people keeping this threa alive

I have been very busy lately coloring some of my photos.

Here are some more attempts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Larrister; 06-29-2006, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Larry!

#181 is amazing! That is a great photo, and a great job on the colorization.

Did you ever or are you able to find out what unit that is?

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark

Thankyou for the kind words.

The Adler 3 Gd and other vehicle have the motorized Infantry Anti-Tank Company symbol on their front fenders. I don't know what Regiment or division they belong to.

Cheers
            Larry

P.S. colors in these scans are not as good as the original colored photos due to the fact that I have to reduce the resolution to post them on this forum.

Comment

Thank you very much. ^^
              Photo #181 is also my favorite, you did a great job!

Stephan

Comment

Thankyou Stephan

I would like to see some more of your work. What version of PS do you use?

Cheers
                Larry

Comment

Ok Larry, here is another photo with girls from the League of German Girls. I use Photoshop 7.0 to colorize the photos.

Comment

This is my grandfather with his brothers family in 1942.

Stephan

Comment

Very nice Stephan. Especially the one with your grandfather. If I may ask, what was his name and what was his military history?

Comment

Thank you TWP. ^^
                        My grandfathers name was Hans Dorow and he served most of the time at a eighty-eight anti-aircraft gun. He was repeatedly wounded, at the west front pierced a bullet of a Frenchman his shoulder At the eastern front he was very heavily wounded, a toe was torn off and a rifle bullet was in his lung. Because he was damaged very strongly, he had to work in an ammunition factory. In the year 1944 he was drawn again and heavily wounds from an American hand grenade.
                        I grew up with my grandparents and we had very often conversations about the war. Shortly before he died, I looked the movie "James Ryan" with my grandmother and my grandmother told me that my grandpa was also a sharpshooter. I asked my grandpa, but he wouldn't talk about this.

Stephan

Comment

Hello Stephan

Your colored photos are very good.

I like the photo of your Grandfather and the children the best, and thankyou for sharing the story about your Grandfather with us.

Regards
                          Larry

Comment

Hi Stephan,
                            thanks for sharin ur grandparents history.maybe u meant the film "Saving private ryan"?
                            Nice pics!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister
                              Not so good looking bride.

ON PAGE 1
                              This is interesting as the soldier is wearin litzen that havent been folded before being stitched on the collar.As u see they re straight like wen u find them unissued.

Dan

Comment

Hi

Here are three more colorized pics from my collection.

Cheers
                                Larry
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 150 users online. 0 members and 150 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X