post your Graves photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi John

I also read his name Uffz. Meiners. But there are listed more than 180 Meiners in the list of the Volksbund and I could not finde one soldier with the date of KIA 1 Sept.

Gerdan

Comment

Meiner

Hi Gerdan thanks for looking him up. Here I thought Meiner was an unusual name and instead, it appears fairly common. Too bad the Volksbund doesn't list the casualty's rank, that would narrow down the names some. What would they do with his equipment? After the funeral, would they send it to a supply depot?

John

Comment

Gefreiter Schumacher

Hello John ; Nope, Gravelines was not close to Stonne, in fact is located between Calais and Dunkirk. So It s not the place mentioned in the picture. See below to find Gravelines.

http://www.panzertruppen.org/ww2/1940/dunkerke.jpg

Cheers. Raúl M .

Comment

Stonne

Hi Raul,

Thanks for telling me where Gravelines is. I assume that Stonne must be a nearby village or something then. Where is Gefreiter Schumacher buried? That is where is Bourdon in relation to where he fell?

John

Comment

Quite a remarkable thread, not popped in until today, ive been missing out! some great photos thanks for sharing
            Mike

Comment

500th post

Hey Evil Mike just got the 500th post in this thread. Glad to have you with us Mike.

John

Comment

keep posting those photos i'll come back for post number 1000

Comment

Hi John,

you will find 1690 entries Meiners in the recent German phone book! The name is very common in Germany.

Gerdan

Comment

The following two photos show a set of graves to all 8 members of No 1 Gun. 1st Battery sch.Artillerie Abt 422 - KIA 1st June 1942 and buried at the Glasunovka Cemetary near Kursk...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by hucks216; 03-28-2009, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Another photo of the graves, this time showing all 8 members...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by hucks216; 03-28-2009, 06:29 AM.

Comment

More members of sch.Art.Abt 422...
                        Attached Files

Comment

A page of photos of the German cemetary at Orel from the same photo album as my most recent posts...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi all
                            This a great and interesting thread i dont have any grave pictures to post but i do have some pics of a high profile funneral which you may like ,
                            cheers steve
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X