post your Graves photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1941 grave

Can anyone give me information on this brave soldier?
    Attached Files

Comment

John Ifound him listed in the Volksbund list:

Nachname: Seemann
      Vorname: Heinrich
      Dienstgrad: Soldat
      Geburtsdatum: 09.04.1905
      Geburtsort: Südkampen
      Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 24.09.1941
      Todes-/Vermisstenort: Nowgorod-Sewersky

Heinrich Seemann konnte im Rahmen unserer Umbettungsarbeiten nicht geborgen werden.

Gerdan

Comment

Heinrich Seeman

Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for looking him up. He was kind of old to be just a Soldat. I mean he was 35 when he was killed. I'd have thought that early in the war, that Soldats would be in their twenties. What does 'Heinrich Seemann konnte im Rahmen unserer Umbettungsarbeiten nicht geborgen werden.' mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet_Ed View Post
          Tread is already few days old. Very interesting, so BUMP! Bring them up!

Wow ! i have another photo of this serie.

and here a russian fieldgrave, the helmet appears to have a bullethole in de middle front.

Comment

John

the Volksbund till now could not find the grave of that guy during their rebury action in this area.

Gerdan

Comment

Fallschirmjager grave Crete scan1073.jpg

Comment

Soldat Heinrich Seemann

Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for clarifying that. Could you look up one other soldier for me? The soldier was an SS-Unterscharfuhrer named Franz Enderl. I'm trying to confirm if he's the one whose name is on a war memorial in Oberhaching, Germany. The date on the memorial is July 13, 1943. I've been told that he was killed on July 9, 1943, but I'd like to be sure the one on the memorial and the SS-Unterscharfuhrer are one in the same man or if they're two different fellows. Franz was originally in the Luftwaffe, but in the SS he served as the commander of a Tiger tank.

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                  Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for clarifying that. Could you look up one other soldier for me? The soldier was an SS-Unterscharfuhrer named Franz Enderl. I'm trying to confirm if he's the one whose name is on a war memorial in Oberhaching, Germany. The date on the memorial is July 13, 1943. I've been told that he was killed on July 9, 1943, but I'd like to be sure the one on the memorial and the SS-Unterscharfuhrer are one in the same man or if they're two different fellows. Franz was originally in the Luftwaffe, but in the SS he served as the commander of a Tiger tank.

Zum Gedenken

J2792861
                  Nachname: Enderl
                  Vorname: Franz
                  Dienstgrad: Unterscharführer
                  Geburtsdatum: 07.03.1920
                  Geburtsort: Borngrund
                  Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 13.07.1943
                  Todes-/Vermisstenort: 10 km nordostw.Teterewino

Franz Enderl wurde noch nicht auf einen vom Volksbund errichteten Soldatenfriedhof überführt oder konnte im Rahmen unserer Umbettungsarbeiten nicht geborgen werden. Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen befindet sich sein Grab derzeit noch an folgendem Ort:

Teterewino - Rußland

_________
                  Robert

Comment

Franz Enderl's grave

Hi Robert,

Happy New Year ! Thanks for looking up Franz, it's much appreciated. So it would seem he was killed on July 13, 1943, and if I read the Volksbund description right, he was killed 10 km Northwest of Teterewino. His grave still seems to be there right? From my research, the 13th Heavy Tank Kompanie didn't lose any tanks that day. So either a sniper got him or maybe a shell fragment hit him. Any idea where Borngrund is? I would assume it's near Oberhaching as that's where his name appears on a war memorial. Only 23 when he died, so sad.

Comment

Hi Robert,

Happy New Year ! Thanks for looking up Franz, it's much appreciated. So it would seem he was killed on July 13, 1943, and if I read the Volksbund description right, he was killed 10 km Northwest of Teterewino. His grave still seems to be there right? From my research, the 13th Heavy Tank Kompanie didn't lose any tanks that day. So either a sniper got him or maybe a shell fragment hit him. Any idea where Borngrund is? I would assume it's near Oberhaching as that's where his name appears on a war memorial. Only 23 when he died, so sad.
                      (Google translation)

"Franz Enderl has not yet been transferred to a military cemetery established by the Volksbund, or could not be recovered as part of our Umbettungsarbeiten. According to the information available to us his grave is still located at the following location:

Teterewino - Russia"

Comment

Hi John,
                        It could be that he died from his wounds from the previous day? There were several heavy tank battles on the 12th of July near Teterevino(the start of the Russian counterattack at Kursk). Just a thought.

Steve

Hi Robert,

Comment

Teterewino

Hi Steve,

Your theory is entirely possible. I knew that on the 9th of July, the 13th Kompanie was being rested and their tanks repaired. I know his Tiger (1315) wasn't destroyed and was later transferred to Das Reich or Totenkopf. This occurred when the LSSAH was sent to Italy. Perhaps on the 12th he was hit by shell fragments and died the next day as you suggest. His name appears on a war memorial in Oberhaching, near Munich. I'm not sure if that's near Borngrund or not.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Your theory is entirely possible. I knew that on the 9th of July, the 13th Kompanie was being rested and their tanks repaired. I know his Tiger (1315) wasn't destroyed and was later transferred to Das Reich or Totenkopf. This occurred when the LSSAH was sent to Italy. Perhaps on the 12th he was hit by shell fragments and died the next day as you suggest. His name appears on a war memorial in Oberhaching, near Munich. I'm not sure if that's near Borngrund or not.
                            Franz Enderl is mentioned in Patrick Agtes book: Michael wittmann and the waffen SS tiger commanders of the Leibstandarte in WWII on page 65, the book says nothing about him K.I.A. or M.I.A. , it only says that he was a Hermann Göring donation.

Citate:

" In crontrast to many other units, the Tiger compant did not receive any long-service NCOs. Among the NCOs were some who had been passed over for pilot training. a number of them were now trained as tank commanders. Among this group were Unterscharführer Erich Langner, Otto Blase, Arthur Bernhard, Kurt Hühnerbein and Franz Enderl.

He is not mentioned in volume two at all.

Comment

German graves in Bolkhov, 55km north of the city of Orel which is approx. 360 km south-south-west of Moscow.

Larry
                              Attached Files

Comment

Franz Enderl

Hi Nick,

That's true. I have that book as well. However, while he's listed in the July 5, 1943, order of battle as commanding tank 1315, he's not listed in the November 1943, order of battle. If you'll look at Robert T.'s response from yesterday # 659, you'll see that Franz was in fact killed or died of wounds on July 13, 1943.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X