Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks German

May I ask you what letters can you read between the brackets?

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
    # 12781

I could be an abbreviation for a special unit (Flugbeobachtung der Luftwaffe / Flugmeldedienst)

" Gruppe Luftmelde-Sammelstelle"

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

I read " (f. Gr. L. M. S.) "

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
        I read " (f. Gr. L. M. S.) "

Gerdan

Comment

help with translation Plz
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Joda View Post
            help with translation Plz
            2.) Dienstauszeichnung 4. (IV.) Klasse

Comment

Originally posted by steilfeuer View Post
              2.) Dienstauszeichnung 4. (IV.) Klasse
              Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

I'm trying translate this Soldbuch wound entry. In a fortunate stroke of luck, I have a copy of his handwritten Lebenslauf which also describes his wounding - I can read something about a mortar round explosion in his back and upper/lower thigh?

Would someone kindly give me a hand with this translation of the wound entry and Lebenslauf description?

Thank You,
                John
                Attached Files
                Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 12-28-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

An interesting entry on page 8 of the Soldbuch, which would appear related to this soldier's prior injuries...Shoe lifts and a Truss?
                  Attached Files

Comment

trans

Lebenslauf states that on 22 July 1942 a mortar round hit very close to him causing severe damage to his back, upper and lower leg and ankle requiring immediate evacuation to a field hospital and then on to another hospital back in the Fatherland. He was recovering eight and a half months. The other entry refers to a pair of sole pads for flat feet. The truss item is marked out with ink I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                      Lebenslauf states that on 22 July 1942 a mortar round hit very close to him causing severe damage to his back, upper and lower leg and ankle requiring immediate evacuation to a field hospital and then on to another hospital back in the Fatherland. He was recovering eight and a half months. The other entry refers to a pair of sole pads for flat feet. The truss item is marked out with ink I believe.
                      Thank you sir. It is interesting to note he entered the Lazarett on 24 June and on his awards page received his Black Wound Badge on 30 June. Yet in his Lebenslauf he writes on 22 July as when he received his wound. I'm thinking he made a simple mistake here and meant to write Juni.

Best,
                      John

Comment

Km sailor pic translation

Hi

I need translation for the german part in this Km sailor pic

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...90#post8338490

Comment

I read: For my love (friend) Joaquinina the "little"? cadet Heinz Schuerdt Cartagena April 20.IV.35 and then his address: Podejuch near Stettin Hoerningweg 7 Germany. He served on the training ship Gorch Fock which was on a world tour I believe. Writing in French perhaps seemed more romantic?

Comment

a calligraphy and a sutterling at the limits, right? thank you very much
                            Oriano
                            Attached Files

Comment

From my 'Luftwaffe Airman lost over England, May 1941' Thread

Dear all,
                              I would be grateful to all those with more skill at reading old German writing, if they could let me know what is written on these Feldpost cards. Thanks in advance.
                              Regards,
                              Andy
                              Attached Files

Comment

post cards

Both post cards basically say hi parents I'm fine and hope you are too, nothing new here, expecting things to get started with England soon, greetings to everyone and write again. The script is the typical one used today, not outdated Suetterlin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X