Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your "translation needed" here

I just had this thought. So often there will be a post of a picture with a request for translation of what is written but that request is often lost in the shuffle. I love looking at old scripts and really enjoy deciphering what is written.

So, instead of having them sparsely placed in threads or starting a whole new thread to translate one thing, lets post them all here and have this thread dedicated to helping others translate thing. Anyone agree with me?

So post your pics in need of translation here!

Hi Chris
    Good idea i will start with this Kl letter that i have been trying to have translated for awhile.If anyone one can help i would be appreciated.Thanks jay

img149.jpg

Comment

Hi Jay, I have most of the first third of your letter down, however it is 2 AM for me right now, and I have to be at work at 5:15 am. . . I should haave it up later this evening!
      Cheers!
      -Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris!!

Comment

I got a letter as well, don't know if you got time for that one as well?
          I can send a larger scan of it if wanted.
          Its kinda special, it was returned because the soldier died.
          Makes you wonder what was first.. the letter or the official death notice

I can read the first line though.. its saying "Our lovely Dad!"

Front:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Admiraal; 08-27-2009, 10:02 AM.
          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

And the back:
            Attached Files
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Maybe the following helps:

1. Starnberger
              3. Gefangene Neger in Caix - captured negroes in Caix / France
              4. das sind russische Vor(wärts?)-Straßen überall dasselbe: links
              und rechts zerstörte russische Fahrzeuge
              these are russian forward-streets everywhere the same: to the left
              and to the right destroyed russian vehicles
              5. may be Rohan in France?
              6. A huge bomb crater near Lööne (Estonia)

Greetings
              Matthias

Comment

Originally posted by Jay V. View Post

[ATTACH]1280628[/ATTACH]
                Ok, here is what I came up with for the KL letter. There are a few gaps and some words that I couldnt make out but for the most part, here goes:

"Meine Geliebte Frau, und gutes Jungs! Euren Lieben Brief von 8. am mit grose freude, dankend erhalten. Zwei kleine, von unbekannten auch erhalten. Ich bin Gott bei dank gesund, und freue mich, über das gleiche bei Euch. Bin Sehr erfreut, das Du mir Deine gerne wirtschaft beschrieben hast, ist doch zu sehen, das Ihr noch auf karte(???) seit. über den Vater bin ich etwas unruhig. Geliebte Inchen! Wenn der meister erlaubt, da bedauere nicht das geld, auf die fahrt. Dem Sohn gelt es wohl nicht um Deinen besuch, sondern Du häbtert grose Gelegenheit, sich die arbeit Deines Bruders (??) besehen. Es ist wohl nicht so gefärhich, und reskiere. Sollte ich dem Geohard auch paar wüster schreiben, undn ihm denken für seine bemühungen? ich habe von ihm noch nichts bekommen. Freue mich sehr das der Schwester Gela und ihrer Familie gut geschaft. Drücke und Küsse Euch alle. Grusse den Skoniening(??), und alle bekannten."

Comment

Thanks Chris!! But have one more question can you or can some else translate it into English?? Again thanks alot jay

Comment

ROUGHLY:

My beloved wife, and good boys! Your letter from the 8th was greatly and recieved with joy. Two small, are also saved. I am in good health thanks to God, and am glad the same is true
                    with you. I'm very pleased that you like the cost described but
                    have is yet to see, since you are still on the bill (???). on
                    About Father, I am a little uneasy. Beloved Inchen! If the master allows
                    because not regret the money, ride on. The son is probably not able
                    to visit you, but you will have great opportunities to see your brother working
                    . It is perhaps not so dangerous and
                    risky. Should I write the poor Geohard couple, and thank him
                    think for his efforts? I have not received from him yet.
                    Im very happy that sister and her family are well.
                    Hugs and kisses to you all. Greetings to the Skonienings (??), and everyone else.

Comment

Way Cool Thanks Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
                        Thanks very much Matthias.
                        could still use help with 2 and 7

btw heres the front of no.4
                        I believe #7 is "Lazi". Perhaps a place name?

best
                        Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                          I got a letter as well, don't know if you got time for that one as well?
                          I can send a larger scan of it if wanted.
                          Its kinda special, it was returned because the soldier died.
                          Makes you wonder what was first.. the letter or the official death notice

I can read the first line though.. its saying "Our lovely Dad!"

Front:
                          Rick, Im going to tackle this, but this is a tough one!

Comment

Lazi is a place name in Western Hungary - Komitat Györ-Moson-Sopron.

Gerdan

Comment

can you please help with these photo translations. thanks

on the march to where?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X