WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos, period originals, fakes, repros or what ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Km sailor pic original?

Dear Gents

I need to know if this Km sailor pic is original and is period french words on back dedicated to a spanish woman and so why a german person wrote in french to a spanish woman
    I need translation for german language on back too

Thanks in advance

Happy 2019

Comment

hi guys

is it an orginial mark please? i'm a little worried when it' written in eastern languages

sunoiyp
      Attached Files
      Last edited by H.W Plainview; 06-06-2019, 08:41 AM.
      sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Don't worry. Mimosa Sunotyp is a sort of paper which was only produced before the war ended in 1945. Most of the Mimosa-Company factory in Dresden was heavily destroyed in 1945. After the war Mimosa founded a new factory in Kiel but did not produce photographic papers until 1957. But all these were produced with the mark Mimosa-Kiel.
        So remember - all Mimosa papers without Kiel are before 1945, all papers with the mark Mimosa-Kiel are after 1945.

Kind regards
        Robert

Comment

Great thx ! Mimosa is Well known indeed i couldn t read it.
          sigpic

Comment

hi guys

did you see such writtings ? is it period please ?

thank you
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Anyone?
              sigpic

Comment

This is period.
                These are typical "souvenir" photo series, distributed and sold to the public. There were quite a lot of them in the beginning of the campaigns. I have seen series of the french campaign as well as the russian campaign. The meaning was that soldiers who could not afford their own camera or were not able to take photographs for what reason so ever, could purchase photo series about the war.
                You see them only in the victorious early years. Later when the retreat and the lost battles began, nobody did photos series for the public anymore.
                This also means that these photos are not unique, they were produced in issues of a few hundred if not thousands.
                But as i said before - they are period originals.

Comment

Thanl you very much for all these details.
                  sigpic

Comment

Is this an original or fantasy item?

Hi everyone,
                    Just wondering if this item is genuine or just a fantasy or replica
                    Any opinion would be greatly appreciated.
                    Regards.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

in my opinion, not.
                      That's a fantasy piece. Party cap eagle clued off center to an old secretary item.

Such pieces were not manufactured by any controlled firms which would fall under the regulations of the RZM. If such a piece would bear any Nazi symbols it would have been much more "representative" when used as a gift to someone.
                      My opinion.

Regards

Comment

Hi guys

it seems to be a photo of the Musikkorps der Panzergrenadier-Division "Großdeutschland" (according to axis forum)....but is it ww2 period please ?

Thanks
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

That one looks good to me. No red flags.
                          You could check it with black-light, it shouldn't glow.
                          And You can check the ink of the writing on the back with a little cotton swab, just a little bit wet, not too much. When You wipe the tab over the inscription with almost no pressure - does it take the ink or not.
                          Ink that is 70 years old doesn't come off easily.

Kind regards
                          Robert

Comment

Thanks a lot it definitly takes the ink
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

please note that many photos have labeled afterwards (after 1945)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X