• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
    # 6550

1) "Die beste Tugend eines Kameraden ist die Treue - zur freundlichen

2) Erinnerung Dein Freund Karo "

Gerdan
    Hi Gerdan

Many thanks for your help. You can see the photo in this thread:http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...48#post6449648

Best regards. Joserra.

Comment

# 6564

Joserra,

as we do not know his full name (Karo is not enough) we do not know if he survived the war.

Regards
      Gerdan

Comment

Hello
        Please help with this writing here...
        Thanks in advance
        Michael
        Attached Files

Comment

What reads here in the "Krankheit" section?

I think is some kind of "Stirn Verletzung" (forhead injury) but what exactly?

I also guess if it's correct what I'm thinking about the annotation for the first dismission: he was sent back to the unit waiting for further medical examination (that took place one month later). Is it right?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ironcrown; 06-10-2014, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
            What reads here in the "Krankheit" section?

I think is some kind of "Stirn Verletzung" (forhead injury) but what exactly?

I also guess if it's correct what I'm thinking about the annotation for the first dismission: he was sent back to the unit waiting for further medical examination (that took place one month later). Is it right?
            "Eiternde" Stirnverletzung - (Eiter is pus, more or less, so this is roughly "oozing" or "infected" forehead injury).

For the release, I'm surmising it wasn't at first thought to be so bad, so he was released from the Lazarett for further treatment by his unit's doctor (or corpsman, perhaps). The fact he was re-admitted a couple months later for the same thing may show it was worse or more stubborn than originally thought.

best
            Hank
            Last edited by Hank C.; 06-10-2014, 11:02 AM. Reason: more info
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

help please

hi
                Can anyone help with these two please.
                Both are from the rear of WW1 Photographs
                many thanks
                andy
                Attached Files

Comment

trans

Offiziers------ mit Schiessglass in 3 Teilen
                  Juni 1918
                  1. Teil (or possibly V. Teil)

Ein Volltreffer am Langeb Max der eine grosse Eiche geknickt und einen Trichter von 6 m. Breite und 5 m. Tiefe hinterlassen hat.

Without seeing the first pic I'm not exactly sure what is being described.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    Offiziers------ mit Schiessglass in 3 Teilen
                    Juni 1918
                    1. Teil (or possibly V. Teil)

...edit...

Without seeing the first pic I'm not exactly sure what is being described.
                    Offizierswohnung.

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

What does this say on the Wehrpass for Special Training? Thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

# 6573

Funker (Radio Operator)

Schlüßler (codifier/Encoder)

Gerdan

Comment

World War One wolves

Hi,

I have this WW1 postcard dated 1917. It was taken on the Eastern Front and shows German soldiers with some wolves. Gerdan, could you or Hank translate this please. I'll post the front of the card first, then the reverse. Tomorrow, I'll be putting up a bunch of cards from a guard at Stalag 17A, that I'd like translated.

Regards,
                          John
                          Attached Files

Comment

back of wolf postcard

Here's the reverse of the wolf postcard.
                            Attached Files

Comment

# 6576

"Wölfe in Rußland 19.4.17, Abends 9 Uhr

Liebes Annchen und Heinz!
                              Also nun doch, aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben. Es soll nun doch Urlaub geben, aber wann ist
                              noch immer nicht festgestellt. Ich werde wohl gerade, wenn es Friede ist zu Hause sein oder meinst Du nicht?
                              Hier in R. haben wir so viele Hoffnung auf Frieden! Wenn es nur nicht fehl schlägt! Ach Schatzi! wie ist doch das Leben in diesem Krieg so schwer und langweilig, überhaupt wenn man so etwas im Gange hat.
                              Der Herr Feldwebel sagte mir soeben, dass in den nächsten Tagen die Landarbeiter in Marsch gesetzt werden sollen, so ist der Befehl von heute. Also Hoffnung auf ein gesundes Wiedersehen
                              und vielleicht recht bald. Erzähle mein Junge nur nicht so viel, daß der arme Kerl nicht noch weinen muß.
                              Herzliche Grüßeund Küsse Dein ..."

Gerdan

Comment

Wolf in Russia

Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for writing what the card says. What does it mean in English? Does it say why they had wolves with them?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X