Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]1429375[/ATTACH]

Comment

there are a total of 9 of these images .
      scan0255.jpg

Comment

Thanks Chris D! Here's another one. It looks like it was cut out of a book. IDK

Comment

Herrn Lehrer Brinkmann, z. Z. Unteroff.(izier) II/348 IR (Inf Rgt) zur frdl. (freundlichen) Erinnerung an seine Kriegsunterrrichtsstunde in Velbert Schule II gewidmet
          Krückhans, Rektor.

Dedicated to the teacher Brinkmann, currently NCO II/348 Inf Regt
          friendly reminder his wartime lessons in Velbert (name of a German town) School II.
          Krückhans, Principal

Gerdan

Comment

# 633

Lehrerbriefe aus dem Felde; Vermätchtnis gefallener Erzieher.

LC Control No.: a 50001694
            LCCN Permalink: http://lccn.loc.gov/a 50001694
            Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
            Personal Name: Fuühren, Franz, 1891- [from old catalog] ed.
            Main Title: Lehrerbriefe aus dem Felde; Vermaächtnis gefallener Erzieher.
            Published/Created: Leipzig, J. Klinkhardt, 1939.
            Description: 320 p. 22 cm.

It is the frontpage from a book published 1939 with the title " Letters from teachers from the
            war" Subtitle: Liability from teachers KIA (from WW1)

Gerdan

Comment

# 627:
              They can't believe that they will not be shot as they had been told by the English atrocity propaganda. They can understand even less that we lower some things down to them that have already become rarities in their country and that we - according to their propaganda - should not haven been able to get anymore for a long time.
              Some of them come to their senses and say goodbye with the German Salute.

Comment

# 628:
                The Captain of the sunk ship is being interrogated and is provided by our 1st Watch Officer with documents and suggestions on the fastest way to reach land with his boat and the rescued crewmembers.

Comment

# 629:
                  The survivors from a sunk steamer are provided by us with potable water and provisions even though we have already begun to run low on the latter ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by hornetsfan View Post
                    Hello ...I have just purchased an excellent U-108 photo album which I'm researching ...there are several photos which show the survivors of an attack by the sub ...crew on life boat ..and captain of the sunk ship aboard U-108 ..3 of these have writting on the backs ..can somebody kindly translate for me ...i'm making a cd of this excellent album available.....
                    Dear Jim:
                    Not are present in these photos #627, #628, #629 the name of this ship or the date of the sunk?

Thanks in advance

Jan.

Comment

Thanks very much HPL 2008 ..very helpful .
                      With the album there are original photos of 2 ships being sunk ...the British Effna ( 6 photos ) and Norwegian Norland ( 4 photos ).
                      I believe all Effnas crew are listed as having died at sea ...of Norlands crew 14 survived .
                      I do not know if these are crew of either ship or another ..I have several people investigating ...apparantly there was no mention of Norlands surviving crew having encountered the u-boat in this manner .

many thanks
                      jim

Comment

Thanks Gerdan!

Comment

Originally posted by hornetsfan View Post
                          .....With the album there are original photos of 2 ships being sunk ...the British Effna ( 6 photos ) and Norwegian Norland ( 4 photos ).
                          I believe all Effnas crew are listed as having died at sea ...of Norlands crew 14 survived .
                          I do not know if these are crew of either ship or another ..I have several people investigating ...apparantly there was no mention of Norlands surviving crew having encountered the u-boat in this manner......
                          Thanks for the information, Jim!

Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulus_Gun View Post
                            Could someone fully translate this letter, please? It is a letter to inform the parents of a FJ that his son is missing, but I'd like to know the details of the letter. Sadly I almost can't read anything.

Thanks in advance.
                            Can anyone help me out, please?

Comment

Paul

the handwriting of the person (an Oberleutnant und Kompanie-Führer) who wrote down this letter is so bad/ugly that I need too much time to write down the German text and than translate it. Here I tried a short synopsis.

In general the Oberleutnant gives the family of the soldier a short description in which way their son Friedrich was MIA near Orel since 3. March 43. Also the Co Commander AND a lot of other soldiers of the platoon have been KIA.

Among the KIA soldiers their son could not be found after the action till now - but they all think that he found a hero's death (Heldentod) but they are not aware of this fact and they will contact the family again if they know facts. He continues with words of sympathy...

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                                Paul

the handwriting of the person (an Oberleutnant und Kompanie-Führer) who wrote down this letter is so bad/ugly that I need too much time to write down the German text and than translate it. Here I tried a short synopsis.

In general the Oberleutnant gives the family of the soldier a short description in which way their son Friedrich was MIA near Orel since 3. March 43. Also the Co Commander AND a lot of other soldiers of the platoon have been KIA.

Among the KIA soldiers their son could not be found after the action till now - but they all think that he found a hero's death (Heldentod) but they are not aware of this fact and they will contact the family again if they know facts. He continues with words of sympathy...

Gerdan
                                Thanks, I also noticed myself that his handwriting looks horrifying. Why couldn't he just type the damn letter.

The circumstances of his 'disapearance' must have been terrible with so much death around him.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 187 users online. 0 members and 187 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X