Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat commander?

Hi,

I believe this photo is a pre war shot of a U-Boat commander. If so, who was he?
    Attached Files

Comment

U-Boat commander?

Here's the reverse of the U-Boat commanders photo.
      Attached Files

Comment

Kurt und Anni am 27. Juli 1938

U-Bootkommandant untergegangen MEYER - U-Boot Commander sunk MEYER

Gerdan

Comment

Kurt Meyer

Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for the quick response. So the man in the photo is Kurt Meyer, he was a U-Boat commander and apparently he was killed during the war. Is that correct?

Comment

Hi John,

exactly, so the text.

Gerdan

Comment

Kurt Meyer

Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for your help. That's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure. It'll be interesting to find out which boat he commanded. I feel sorry for Anni, she looks so happy and in just a few years, Kurt was at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Comment

Hi John,

I tried to find him but have not been successful. As you can see the word "MEYER" is written later from a different person...

http://www.u-boote-online.de/kommand...ndex-k_ip.html

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

Kurt Meyer

Hi Gerdan.

Could I ask your opinion. On this U-Boat site that I belong to, they list the U-Boat crews. There are only 2 Kurt Meyer's listed as officers, neither were U-Boat commanding officers. One was Lt. z. S. Kurt Meyer Born March 27, 1922 - Killied in Action July 8, 1943 aboard the U-232. He was the boat's WO and was with the Crew of 1939. The other Kurt Meyer was a OLt. ing. He was born July 18, 1911 and was killed in action February 4, 1943. aboard the U-187. Of these two, which do you think is the man in the photo? Should I continue searching?

Comment

Hi John

If you pick the man born in 1922 you`ll have a bridegoom aged 16 in 1938. :-)

Jan

Comment

Kurt Meyer

Hi Jan,

You're right. I guess I didn't think of that. It must be the Oblt. Ing. fellow born in 1911. Whoever wrote that he was a U-Boat CO obviously didn't know a lot about his service.

Comment

Hello All: I need help with the back side of this photo!
                        Thanks for all your help.
                        Tim W
                        Attached Files

Comment

1) Ruhe auf dem Grabenrand - Repose on the border of the trench

2) Die Post von Emmi ist angekommen, 19. August 1942 - Mail from Emmi (?) arrived

3) Gau Minden - Ravensburg Ost. Stahlhelmtag in Levern am 10. Juli 1932 - District Minden -
                          Ravensburg East. - Day of the steel helmet in Levern (village) 10 July 1932

4) Friedhof Schächter(?) Januar 1934 - Paterhagen(?) - Cemetery Schächter january 1934

5) Auf der Reise nach Ostpreußen am 23. März Januar 1941 - On the trip to Eastern Prussia...

4) Postausgabe H... - issuing of mail H...

5) Über die Marne - crossing (the river) Marne (France)

6) ?

7) Schönefuß - name of a person

Gerrdan

Comment

# 687

Tim W

all I can identify is that there are listed three names and a date of KIA (?) for each of them.
                            It is very difficult to identify the names. The second name I would read "Metzger".
                            The last one (name?) was a "Führer der 6./SS ... II Regt. Das Reich.
                            That's all I can read.

Gerdan

Comment

Which is this name? Many thanks!

Comment

translation help please

Hello yet again
                                anyone help me with these please?
                                many thanks
                                andy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X