Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 581

he speaks only from a broken "Rad" - which only means a broken "wheel" and this is normally an abbreviation for "Fahrrad" - bicycle. May be also for "Motorrad" but I really very very seldom heard this version.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks again Gerdan - Like I said before I owe you one!

I am having trouble making these out. All I can make out is Rosemarie Gerstner on the top of the first pic -

Thanks again!
      Jason

Comment

translation

The last three.....taking an Easter stroll............the first free Sunday.......taking a stroll at Easter on the Holy Trinity Mt. 9 Apr. 1939

Comment

Jasn,

1) Rosemarie Gerstner, Lahr/Schwarzwald, Friedhofstr. 41
          http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahr/Schwarzwald

2) Beim Osterausflug auf den Dreifaltigkeitsberg, April 1939 - during the Easter stroll on the
          Holy Trinity Mt. , April 1939
          http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreifaltigkeitsberg

3) R.A.D. 9/122, Spaichingen, Ostern/Easter 1939
          http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaichingen

Regards
          Jason

Comment

Gerdan, thanks for the translation.. Looks thought I had it right, hoped I would read wrong and a good name would come out but not anything is to be found on him. Well thanks for the confirmation Gerdan.

Friendly regards
            Bart

Comment

Thanks Gerden! That was really bugging me, I can only understand bits of German. I wonder what he meant by that...
              Thanks again,
              Jordan

Comment

Jordan

I also could not really find out the meaning of such an information written on the back of the postcard.
                Sometimes I even thought this would be a cryptic message...May be only the receiver of the card knew the real meaning.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks pauke & Gerdan! That street address is most helpful. Here are the last 4 of her pictures that have writing on the back. TIA! -

Comment

translation

30 June on the Sunday on which you wrote the airmail letter in Balka(?)............To my dear Rudi from his Schwester(chen)(?) little sister...in the war year 1943...............13 Sept. 1941 in Strassburg................Mother and daughter are happy..........

Comment

Can anyone read what kind of wound or sickness this man had?
                      Photo:
                      Attached Files
                      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

"Gr.(ant) Spli.(ter) li(nker) u.(nd) re.(chter) O'(ber) Arm"

Piece of shrapnel/fragment left and right upper arm

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks
                          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Hi Guys

Please can you help me with the following.

I bought this FJ grouping a while back to a FJ soldier who was killed at the Neva river in 1941.

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=336860

In the grouping there is this letter that he has written to his mother and I have always wondered what it has said. It looks difficult to read but maybe you guys would be able to tell me what he is saying.

Many Thanks
                            Shaun

Comment

Gerdan,
                              Thanks again Mate!, .....for your post (answer) #586.

Best regards,
                              John Pen.

Comment

Thanks pauke! Here's another - I am mainly interested in the name. I know that his last name is Maerker but I do not know what his first name is. TIA!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 147 users online. 0 members and 147 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X