Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with translations on three photos

Hi, I need some help translating the back of these three photos. If it is of any help, all three are dated to late 1942 and come from the SS-Wiking Division. I know the one just lists the names of two Unterscharfuhers but I can not make out the names. The one dated November 7, 1942(?) is a small unit photo and the one with the most writing is of two NCO's looking at a truck. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by areilley; 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM. Reason: attach scan

Comment

Rick,

it seems to be a literary or poetic text, not dealing with reality, not military at all, a fantasy text like a fary tale. The handwriting is not so easy to read.

I think I can identify a second name on the first page "Kohlschmidt" and the word "Notizen" (notes). May be also "Dr." Schleifenbaum?

Gerdan

Comment

# 2387

1) "Die ganze Gruppe im Kasernenhof 7.7.42" - The entire group in the barrack yard

2) "Am ersten Morgen nach der Ablösung - Waschen, Rasieren, Entlausen - 16.9.42 -

Kabarolinosskaja - First morning after beeing displaced - washing, shaving, delousing

" Endlich abgelöst" - finally taken over

3) " Uscha Kouze + - Uscha Hölken - Sept. 1942"

Gerdan

Comment

# 2387

2) the place name should be "Kabarolinskaja".

I found an other soldier from the 5. SS-Panzer Div. "Wiking" who was KIA at that place:

" †14.8.42 Kabarolinskaja

Weiß, Friedrich Ostuf. , Musikzug/Art. Rgt., Uspenskaja" (grave site)

Gerdan

Comment

The same guy I found in an other list:

Friedrich Weiss.
            Member SS(nr. ??).
            SS-Obersturmführer.
            At the beginning of 1942 he served with the Musikzug from SS-Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 5
            within the SS-Division(mot.)‘Wiking’.
            Died(KIA)on 14-8-1942 at Kabarolinskaja.

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              Rick,

it seems to be a literary or poetic text, not dealing with reality, not military at all, a fantasy text like a fary tale. The handwriting is not so easy to read.

I think I can identify a second name on the first page "Kohlschmidt" and the word "Notizen" (notes). May be also "Dr." Schleifenbaum?

Gerdan
              Thanks Gerdan!
              Too bad
              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

# 2386

Rick,

se the little brown sheet of paper in the right corner below:

It starts with

" Thomas Mann: Die Buddenbrooks

Gustav Frenssen: Jörn Uhl"

These are two German (famous) novelists, jus an example.

Gerdan

Comment

Translation help please?

Would love some translation help please with these 2 notes on pages inside a WW2 German photo album?

Thanks heaps!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
                    1. marching
                    beim essenholen? if so what does that mean fluently as i cant find essenholen on any maps.

2.officers
                    poschmeim, leyzer, prill, graf schweinity, schnbert, wo: klieber ???

3. 8 rad armoured car

4.NSKK

5. just need a fluent translation on this stamp please

thanks in advance for your great work
                    1. "As we were getting our food" more or less.
                    2. Schübert, not schnbert. I don't think the "wo" and "klieber" go together. I think he remembered Klieber's name at a later time, and added.
                    3. Deutsche Panzer Spähwagen beim vormarsch in die Steppe Pologi-marinpot(?). Herbst 1941 (German armored car during the advance through the Steppes of Pologi-marinpot, Autumn 1941.
                    4. Heinrich Thum
                    Maschinenschlosser
                    Gundersbach b.(ei) Landstuhl
                    Pfalz
                    5. A photo of the New Augsburger Newspaper by K. Lischer

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

@ Monty:
                      On the morning of 22 June
                      The first prisoners
                      Welcoming speech
                      Refugees cross the advance roads ("the roads we advance on")
                      Unstopping advance despite enemy artillery.

Friendly greetings by ("courtesy of") the victorious German Army.
                      Estniche freedom fighters from the "Erna" unit (I don't know if Estniche is misspelled "ethnic" or perhaps Estonian. Pic of the front might help)
                      Our "Eagle Eyes"
                      (again)
                      A captured Anti-aircraft gun near Kose-Risti
                      A victim of the bolschevist speed-propaganda (not entirely sure how to translate that; "hetzen" is to hurry, or prod along)

best
                      Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

re translation help ...

Many thanks Hank!

Comment

# 2394

1)Pöschmann, Leyser, Prill, Graf Schweinitz, Schubert, Klieber

Graf Schweinitz :

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwein...delsgeschlecht)

4)
                          Queidersbach near Lanstuhl, Palatine

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queidersbach

# 2394

3) ...Steppe (desert/steppe) Pologie Mariupol

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

pre ww1 flag text help please

I posted this in the flags section and didn`t get much feedback,so I thought I`d try with you guys.Anything at all would be very helpful.
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=497234

Comment

Trying to run down a possible family member who was KIA during the war. I found an old Spar Buch (bank book) which has entries from 1937 thru 1942. I can't make out the name or address. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I believe these are a type of bearer passbook which, in theory, allows anyone in possession of it to conduct banking transactions. In this case, issuance was through Stadtsparkasse zu Beelitz

Comment

# 2401

Here the German text:

"Herrn Rudolf Paul, Steinsetzer, Berlin, Bruckerstr.(asse) 186"

Steinsetzer - his profession: paver. "Paul" is his family name

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X