Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
    Hank

I would agree with your interpretation - but I don't know if there was a rank or a special description "Techn.(ischer) Offizier" with the Luftwaffe.

Gerdan
    I also have no idea...just sorta what it looked like!

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hank and Gerdan,

I thank you guys very much. I am actually very very happy that I have a name to work with now. This could help me pinpoint the time period of when these were taken. Thats weird about the Techn, interesting. Again, thanks a ton. Ive been working pretty hard at trying to identify people in these photos and you have made it alot easier for me Would the Techn. word mean "technician" officer? I dont know either....Im just asking

Also, sorry to be a pain.....but what do you guys think that the blue ink says on the bottom there? England.....sumthin? Are the other words German? Thank You

p/s- I wanted to let you guys know, I found an "Oberst Gottlieb Wolff" for KG4.....still looking tho
      Last edited by 12thPanzer; 02-17-2011, 11:03 PM.

Comment

# 2367

in blue ink written I would read: "Lagekarte - Kaerl(?) v(on) Egeland(?) .

I would not like to read "Karte v(on) England" !

Gerdan

Comment

haha I dont think so either Gerdan.
          So, lagekarte means "map".....correct? it would make sense since there is a map in the photo. But Im not exactly sure what the writing in blue is getting at. haha Thanks again for all your help. I have been able to identify 3 people in the photo grouping so far.

Comment

I got a few sutterlin fieldpost letters i would like to get translated.
            Is there someone here that wants to translate them for me?
            I can offer some item(s) for it if wanted..

I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

This just arrived yesterday:

I'd be very grateful for a transcript of what it says in German, and a translation into English, as always.

Thanks in advance,

DG

Comment

# 2377

"Diese schwersten Panzer sollten beim Einbruch sollten beim Einbruch in Europa die Spitze bilden. Heute liegen sie ausgebrannt und vernichtet an den Vormarschstrasse nach dem Osten."

These heavy tanks should be the forefront for invading Europe. Now they are standing

burnt out and destroyed on the advancing routes to the east.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks very much

Thanks very much for the translation of my postcard - it is very much appreciated.

Comment

translation assistance

I have some writing which I would like to get translation assistance.

Here is the front of the image.

Kind regards

Jeremy
                    Attached Files

Comment

and the reverse....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gerdan for the translation of #2377 - the words "these heavy tanks" make me smile because the photo is of a T-26 light tank; hardly "heavy"

Your help is always appreciated,

DG

Comment

#2381:
                          Zu den ebene Würdigüng Ihre arbeit u. Kameradschaft wunscht Ihnen alles gute zum heutigen Tage.
                          Ihr Mulbe(???)
                          Oblt

For the honor of your work and comradeship wishing you all the best for today.

Your (?)
                          Oberleutenant
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

# 2381

I would like to add some words:

"In dankbarer Würdigung.....Ihr Müller, Oberleutnant" - In thankful appreciation.....

Gerdan

Comment

Hank/Gerdan

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

Can anyone tell me what this is? Its a map with a bunch of written papers in it.
                                Is it militairy or civilian? it came with a large army grouping.
                                I know that at least the name Schleifenbaum is written on the cover..

1. The cover:

2. First page:

3. Writing on the inside of the cover:

4. Random page in the middle:

5. The last page, which is rotated the other way, so you have to turn the map to read it (in the corner you see the text that was on the inside of the back cover):
                                I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                                Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                                My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X