Clear All

Hello
    Please help with translation
    Regards,
    Miachael
    Attached Files

Comment

# 2312

"Euer SS - Soldat u(nd) Sohn aus Graz - Steiner Sepp" - Your SS soldier and son from Graz (town in Austria)
      Steiner Sepp

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
        # 2312

"Euer SS - Soldat u(nd) Sohn aus Graz - Steiner Sepp" - Your SS soldier and son from Graz (town in Austria)
        Steiner Sepp

Gerdan
        Thanks a lot!
        Michael

Comment

Another challenging one

This one is from an Insel close to my hometown:
          Attached Files

Comment

trans

August 1944
            Rechts im Vordergrund unsere Wache. Im Hintergrund unsere Unterkunft mit Kueche u(nd) Speiseraum. On the right in the foreground our guard. In the background our quarters with kitchen and dining room.

Comment

WOW! Quickly and well translated! Thanks a lot!

Comment

yes you guys are ausgezeichnet - and very kind for all the hard and helpful work!

Comment

help please

Anyone make this out please.
                  thanks again
                  andy
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rekruten Vereidigung - Recruits Taking Oath of Loyalty

Comment

Hello! Looking for help with these texts from three different photos. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

I will try it, even when I have great problems to identify the local (Russian) place names.

A) Letzte Aufnahme aus Sertichiaw(??) Sept. 1944 - Last photo from Ser...? Sept 1944

B) Auf Brückenposten in Wad-Beschin(??) Aug. 1944 - Standing sentry on a bridge in
                        Wad...?? August 1944

C) Arifeuer in Malin(?), Rußland - artillery barrage in Malin(?), Russia.

Gerdan

Comment

Wound/Illness translation

Hi, could someone help translate the wounds/illness on this wehrpass please.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                            I will try it, even when I have great problems to identify the local (Russian) place names.

A) Letzte Aufnahme aus Sertichiaw(??) Sept. 1944 - Last photo from Ser...? Sept 1944

B) Auf Brückenposten in Wad-Beschin(??) Aug. 1944 - Standing sentry on a bridge in
                            Wad...?? August 1944

C) Arifeuer in Malin(?), Rußland - artillery barrage in Malin(?), Russia.

Gerdan
                            Gerdan thank you very much! You are 100% correct about Malin - this is a city in Ukraine. The others ain't Russian but Italian.
                            Last edited by photo-war; 02-12-2011, 11:00 AM. Reason: spellin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Thomson View Post
                              Hi, could someone help translate the wounds/illness on this wehrpass please.
                              Hmm, the only one I can read is the first one.
                              Durch Recht. Geschoss im Rücken verwundet (Prellschuss)
                              Through a shot in the right thigh (roughly translated, the "Geschoss" is your lap) wounded in the back. (Ricochet shot)

The second is also some sort of "being shot" wound, and I can make out something to do with the heart in the third.

Sorry I can't help more. I'm sure one of the other guys here will be able to.

best
                              Hank
                              Last edited by Hank Cummings; 02-12-2011, 11:22 AM.
                              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The first entry I read " Durch Artl. (Artillerie) Geschoss im Rücken verwundert..."

wounded by an artillery bullet

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 92 users online. 0 members and 92 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X