No announcement yet.

Post your German panzer, STuG photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know from which unit the sign is?

Comment

Hi

The symbol is for an Infantry Signals Platoon. Not sure what the "K" means.

Cheers,
      Larry

Comment

Larry is correct and I do not know what the "k" means. One other note and you may know this photo was taken prior to or during the invasion of Poland. as denoted by the white cross.

Mike
        Originally posted by MarioL View Post
        Does anybody know from which unit the sign is?

Comment

The pictures in this thread are amazing! Where do you find them?

Comment

Originally posted by Panthera Tigris View Post
            The pictures in this thread are amazing! Where do you find them?
            Pictures posted on this forum are basically from the REAL photo collection of the participants, NOT those I-do-not-remember-where-I-found-it-somewhere-on-the-net blurry scans. But be warned, I am sure you will lose your words if you stand in front of (for example) actual Bill Petz colllection . How they have built the collection... the wicked knows the ways of their own kind.
            Attached Files

Comment

No rest for the wicked collectors!

Stunning picture that by the way!

Comment

Addition to post #73 on page 5:

today i took a look on this interesting thread and when i saw #73 i was shure, i have seen these tanks before.
                Now i have found the picture i remembered: my uncle Hans has made this shot from the same location but from the oposite side.
                The picture is reverse marked :
                "Erledigte frz. und belg. Panzer 22.V.40"
                My uncle was Unteroffizier in 1.Batterie Artillerieregiment 253 of the 253.ID Heeresgruppe B and passed this tanks on their way southward to the Champagne.
                Please compare the two photos !
                Thanks for looking and regards
                CSForrester
                Attached Files

Comment

Very good eye! Thank you so much for shring this photo from your uncles Album. This is one thing I enjoy about photo collecting; seeing different views of the same scene. One of the big things is additional knowledge. Now I now the approximate date and local.!!!!

Thanks again!

Mike
                  Originally posted by CSForrester View Post
                  Addition to post #73 on page 5:

today i took a look on this interesting thread and when i saw #73 i was shure, i have seen these tanks before.
                  Now i have found the picture i remembered: my uncle Hans has made this shot from the same location but from the oposite side.
                  The picture is reverse marked :
                  "Erledigte frz. und belg. Panzer 22.V.40"
                  My uncle was Unteroffizier in 1.Batterie Artillerieregiment 253 of the 253.ID Heeresgruppe B and passed this tanks on their way southward to the Champagne.
                  Please compare the two photos !
                  Thanks for looking and regards
                  CSForrester

Comment

photos found 4 years apart.. 191 STuG abtl.

Hello all I picked these first two photos up when I first started collecting. I wasn't sure if they belonged togeter as they came in a loose unrelated grouping. I thought the "191" stood for an inf. div. but when I was informed that the bull emblem on the krads were for the 191 STuG abtl. I looked harder at the pennant photo and saw the "bull" so I knew these two were related.
                    So I thought I would share my happiness!
                    Attached Files

Comment

the Krad photo
                      Attached Files

Comment

now the "new" photos. The seller stated that these were taken in the Kresna pass in Bulgaria. I tried to get all the split up photos from the group but only managed to get the better ones.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am thinking that the first photo was also taken in the Kresna pass. the local seems to fit.
                          Attached Files

Comment

the last. thanks for indulging me!

Mike
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful sequence of photos! I like the pennant "191", it has a rather large number.

Comment

Thanks Akira. I have yet to see another pennant quite like it.

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
                                Wonderful sequence of photos! I like the pennant "191", it has a rather large number.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X