No announcement yet.

Post your German panzer, STuG photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all here is a new one that arrived today.

It looks like it is a Sturmhaubitze with applied zimmerit and side schurzen. Please correct me if I have missed ID'd.

Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

Very nice late war StuG pic.....here are some early Panzer pics that just arrived.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is another shot of the same Panzer....apparently stuck fast in the snow and getting ready to be pulled out....I see a cable about to be hooked up.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks BIll, I see who was quicker on the PM than me on these two great panzer shots. Glad to see they went to a great home.

Mike
          Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          Hi Mike,

Very nice late war StuG pic.....here are some early Panzer pics that just arrived.

Comment

Panzer III from the Smolensk area. I assume 1943. Note the nice row of helmets and gas cans on the turret.
            Attached Files

Comment

From the same unit. A Panzer IV, long barrel without side skirts. Any suggestions as to the unit ID?
              Attached Files

Comment

Bringing this one back up.
                Attached Files

Comment

2 - Looks like one of the crew is using his MP on the woodline.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mark Mac; 05-16-2007, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Not much of a panzer, but a very nice related photo. I really like the scene and the look of the commander.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Mark Mac; 05-16-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

thanks Mark for the great photos and for keeping this thread active.

Here is one from me......
                      Attached Files

Comment

LSSAH Stug?

Hi

Great photo, but is that an early LSSAH Stug III Ausf A? The small concentric cirlces marking on the left of the photo would seem to indicate that, but the photo seems to have been taken during combat in the west, when the Stug unit had not yet joined the LAH?

Is the number plate of the truck behind the Stug an SS one?

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Comment

Steve, it is either an A or B. As for the plate on the vehicle sadly it is not clear enough to make out. But under magnification their does appear to be an adler on the sleeve of the fellow in the STuG. So could be LSSAH though I am not knowledable in that area enough to help.

Mike
                          Originally posted by S Ballantyne View Post
                          Hi

Great photo, but is that an early LSSAH Stug III Ausf A? The small concentric cirlces marking on the left of the photo would seem to indicate that, but the photo seems to have been taken during combat in the west, when the Stug unit had not yet joined the LAH?

Is the number plate of the truck behind the Stug an SS one?

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Comment

Here are two pics from StuG Abt. 243 that I recently picked up
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by W Petz; 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Attached Files
                              Last edited by W Petz; 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Stug

Hi Mike,

I think it may be an 'A' as the return rollers are evenly spaced, whereas the 'B' had more of a gap from the first to the second roller... if I remember correctly!

Thanks for sharing your photo, it looks like an LAH Stug to me.

Cheers
                                Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X