No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't often get to see a Bakery tactical sign either.

Comment

To what bakery tactical sign do you refer?
      I'm not known with those signs.

Comment

There are two signs in your photograph, the divisional sign and the tactical sign beneath it which in this case is that of a Bakery.

Comment

Thanks a lot, i did not know this sign either!!!

Comment

i have this Luftwaffe unit enblem On several vehicles of my photos, with differents number.
            Anybody knows this unit ?

Thanks

Patrick

Comment

Hi Glider,

it could be a unit (I think a company) of the "Festungspioniere" (fortress engineers). The letter "F" is the abbreviation for "Festung" (fortress). On the top of the rectangle You can see the tactical sign of the engineers. And the lightning on the right is the sign for a wireless. (source of the information: "Taktische Zeichen" by Wolfgang Fleischer.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Here are two new divisional signs not known to me.
                I hope someone can help me out.
                I know these belong to a Luftwaffe unit, both of the pictures come from the same lot.
                Although both signs look slightly different.
                The unit served during the France / Russian campaign.

Last edited by Aru-Ed; 06-11-2014, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Hi aru-ed
                  your two photos show the emblem ii./kg.77 or iii./kg77.the cross blitzes makes it belong to its nachrichten unit.
                  Hope this helps
                  regards jack

Comment

Thank you for the info Jack!

Comment

A devil on a car

This one is a more colourful one. But I have no idea wich unit it is.
                      Attached Files
                      Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Comment

Here i have two more pictures from a Luftwaffe division / unit sign not known to me.
                        I think they belong to a Luftwaffe FLAK - Unit, and where active in the French and Russian (Smolensk) campaign and belonged to Armeegruppe Guderian as part of the 18. Panzer Division???
                        I think i reconize the faint sign of the 18. Panzer Division???

Last edited by Aru-Ed; 06-27-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

This is a Luftwaffe Transportgeschwader emblem / wappen, on a JU52 airplane, not known to me.
                          I think it was active at the südfront or Afrika theater, because of the palmtree in the sign.

Comment

Hi Aru-Ed
                            Your photo's #715.,top photo.from left to right.is as follows.
                            (disc) IV./Flak RGT.12.(Abt ??)
                            (Shield)I./Flak Abt.73.
                            ("G") Panzer Gruppe 2.
                            ("Y "with 3 bars)18.Art. Div.
                            I know confuseing?? yes.
                            Photo #716.Ju52.
                            show 's the emblem of 4./KGrzbV 9

Again hope this helps
                            Regards Jack

Comment

Jack, you've confused yourself there, that is the divisional sign of 18 Panzer Division, 18 Arty Div hadn't yet been formed.

Comment

Hello Jack and Alan,

First of all, thanks to both your input!
                                Jack, you're right on the IV./Flak RGT.12. / I./Flak Abt.73 sign, thanks a lot for clearing that!
                                Alan, i'm confused about the 18th panzer Division sign.
                                I know this picture is taken at Smolensk for sure, so if Smolensk was in Russian hands since Oct. 1943 and the 18.th. Art. was formed afterwards this picture must have been taken while under the 18.th. Panzer?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X