JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill,
    Sorry, I missed thanking you on the Horch id, but, belatedly, thank you.
    How about this cab-over-engine? The script on the bonnet side looks like Ford, but I am not sure, and the design of many of these trucks is very similar. Not helped, also, by the obscured radiator grille.
    Thanks,
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Yes, a Ford and a 1939 model I would say.
      The 1938 was similar but there were detail differences in the grille at the top and the Ford script on the side of the motor hood.

Bill

Comment

Thank you once again Bill.
        This car( Ford?) seems to have very complex wheels, more like truck wheels, not the 4, 5 or 6 stud arrangement normally seen.
        Kerry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Take it as an article of faith, it is a 1936 Ford without the hubcaps or whatever that is called in "Proper English".

The 1935 Ford looked very similar to your photo but had wire wheels.

Bill

Comment

Thank you Bill, it must have been a pig to change the tyres with all those nuts. And hubcaps are hubcaps thankfully!
            Hope all is well with you?
            All the best,
            Kerry.

Comment

Reichskan Lei original press photo

Comment

Ss vehicle

Hello i was at a tank museum in russia and this was part of a group of captured ss vehicles and i was always curious as to what it was... There was a sign by it, but it was in russian :d also here is another pic of 2 other vehicles in the same group- any info would be great- thanks!!
                Attached Files

Comment

I assume that you were at Kubinka since that is where the only known example of the Alkett Minenräumer is kept and that is what is in your first photograph. This was an experimental mine clearing vehicle, the turret is from a Pz I tank.
                  The second photograph shows an SdKfz 250/9 with a turret mounted 20mm gun on the left and the vehicle on the right is an SdKfz 250/1.

Comment

yes!

Thank you!! Yes i was there- here are a couple more pics i found... It was a crazy experience that museum... It's cool to finally learn what it was- it makes sense that this is the only known example, because i have never seen another, before or since... Here is me by the front gate, and a tank...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Kubinka

Top photo is a Iosif Stalin 3.
                      Down is a Panzerjäger VI Ferdinand.
                      At right a Sturer Emil, and at left a Sd. Kfz. 222.
                      Please, how did you arrange the visit to that museum?

Comment

Museum

I lived and traveled extensively in europe for 7 years. I have been to russia many times and on one of my trips there, in 2008 maybe, one of my russian friends took me. It was a very interesting experience, i am grateful.

Comment

Anyone recognizes this truck on tracks?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi GRan Sasso,

it is a Büssing-NAG type 650.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by SIS 5 View Post
                              Hi GRan Sasso,

it is a Büssing-NAG type 650.

Regards

Bert
                              Thanks a lot! - Was this truck designed to change from road to tracks, or is this a field modification?

Comment

Gran Sasso,

the Gothaer Waggonfabrik AG (the waggon factory in Gotha - a public limited company) got the order to develop the equipment for track vehicles also for the so-called "Schell-Typen" with 4,5 and 6,5 tons payload ("Schell-Typen" are these types of trucks which should be produced during the war). The factory obtained the contract in May 1941 for different types. As far as I know it was the Büssing-NAG type 650, Fross-Büssing type FB 5, Henschel type 6 J 2, Klöckner-Deutz type L 365 and Mercedes-Benz L 4500. So it wasn´t a field modification. I have only seen pics of the Mercedes-Benz with tyres on a road, the other types only on rails.

On the site of Holger Erdmann www.kfzderwehrmacht.de You can find a pic of the Mercedes-Benz with wheels.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X