Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe you are correct, Bert:

The Sturm has 5 doors in the side of the motor hood and the Rekord has 4 as in Kerry's photo. The Sturm is also a bit longer.
    I just missed those details. Sorry.
    Bill
    Last edited by Bill Murray; 08-11-2013, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bert.
      Kerry

Comment

How about these two French(?) protesters, possibly a bit early for you Bill, but any help would be most welcome.
        Thanks,
        Kerry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Way out of my territory, Kerry but I am always game for a challenge.

The first car may be a Delaunay Belleville sort of like the attached photo.
          Yours is RHD but in looking at hundreds of photos of these cars, they seem to have been fitted both ways.

This marque was known for it's "Barrel" design for the radiator mask.

The second car may be from the same firm, but I have not yet found a photo that shows the radiator mask with the two "Shoulders" as we can see on your photo.

I will keep looking.

Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Bill.
            Here are three photos taken at the same location, they look like newly commandeered vehicles. Of note are the Tatras in the background, an interesting lot.
            Kerry.
            Attached Files

Comment

And the third.
              Kerry.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Top photo is a 1939 Nash
                Second photo the other car is a 1940 Hudson
                Third car is a 1937 Ford.

Very eclectic grouping of cars for sure.

Do you know where the photos were taken??

Cheers
                Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,
                  Yes, an odd lot, but, sadly, I have no information on where the photos were taken. Just for info, here is one of the Tatras, plus another query.
                  Thanks once again,
                  Kerry
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow, Kerry, what a grouping!!!!

On the latest batch, the car behind the Tatras is a 1936 Chevrolet a far as I can tell.
                    The other car is a Packard 8 Touring Sedan (7 passenger) and I believe it is a 1938 year model. The 1937 was very similar and not being able to see the front grille, I cannot say for sure.

If it were not for the fleet of Tatras, I would guess the location to be Norway as they relied almost exclusively on the US for their vehicle fleet before the war.
                    A further guess is that this fleet may have been "liberated" from a US Embassy or some such as they are all large sedans.

Note also that in the photo where the two cars are side by side, you can just make out writing on the passenger side of the windscreen which I cannot decipher.

I have seen this before in photos of parks of confiscated vehicles in several countries

To return to the Tatra cars, if it is Norway, or wherever really, they may have also been confiscated Embassy or other official cars. Rather far out I know, but there has to be an answer for this very unusual grouping.

Bill

Comment

Thank you Bill.
                      Here is another query, perhaps Italian? The accompanying troops seem to be Luftwaffe aircrew in tropical dress.
                      Thanks for looking,
                      Kerry.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A pure guess on my part, Kerry, bloody Italian cars in that class all look so similar to me and at the same time they never seemed to build any two alike.

Fiat 1500C of about 1939. Grille mask is close, bumper works, motor hood ornament works, wipers work. General appearance of the windscreen is close.

The headlamps are different but often were changed out during the war. I cannot see the side of the motor hood so cannot see if the louvers there match.

See what you think.

Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Bill, I know what you mean about the Italian cars, it is nearly impossible, but thank you for trying.
                          Here is an oddity, I am guessing it is rear-engined, but does not seem to have a driver's door.
                          Thanks again,
                          Kerry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

I was wondering, do you think it is possible that the earlier Italian saloon is a Fiat 2800? The radiator seems to have more of a "belly" than the 1500.

Cheers,

Kerry.

Comment

I think you are correct, Kerry.

I chose the smaller car as the photo was a bit unclear with all the soldiers about.
                              Here is a good photo of a 2800 and the ID characteristics match and the grille is closer.
                              Bill
                              Attached Files

Comment

A combined effort, with your direction, thanks Bill.

Do you, or any of the other knowledgeable contributors, recognise this tiddler please? I cannot read the script on the radiator.
                                Cheers,

Kerry.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X