AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew, lightening-fast Bill, thanks.
    What about this one?
    regards,
    Kerry
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Based primarily on the general appearance of your latest car and the louvers in the side of the engine hood, I can only guess at this point.

I believe it may be a Rosengart of about 1936. I find few photos of this car and none as a 4 doors sedan yet but that is as close as I can come so far.

You may have access to more information in France.

Bill

Comment

Bill, thanks for the hint, still searching.
        What make is this little kubel? Is the "sunburst" pattern part of the radiator design, or part of a snow blind?
        Thanks,
        Kerry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Any infos about that strange looking vehicle?
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a field modification (or at a depot area from kits) to save tank tread wear on long roads that were in reasonable good shape.
            It appears that the tank treads are slightly up off the ground.

I suspect, to get traction from the tank tracks, the tires are going to have to be completely removed by jacking it up. If it were a more advanced design, each tire axle would be hinged or articulated so that each wheel could be hydraulically raised. But I doubt that a little vehicle like this would be so complex.

Comment

These are, I believe, Austro-Daimler ADMK wheel-cum-track carriers.they were produced for the Austrian army and later taken over by the Wehrmacht.
              Kerry

Comment

It looks on some models the individual wheels COULD be moved upward, allowing it to go on it's tank treads.

On the other models the wheels had a quick release lug and there was a storage place for them up top.

Comment

Please help to ID the truck in the foreground, this photo taken in France in Summer 1940. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
                  Alex

Comment

Here is an odd duck. Taken by a Capt. in the 88th Inf. Div. somewhere in Italy.

Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Italian

Hi there,

A nice shot of a Fiat/Spa TM 40, which first appeared in 1941. It was even produced after the war for a short period.

Cheers
                      Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve! I did a search for wartime Italian vehicles but must have overlooked this one.

Mike
                        Originally posted by S Ballantyne View Post
                        Hi there,

A nice shot of a Fiat/Spa TM 40, which first appeared in 1941. It was even produced after the war for a short period.

Cheers
                        Steve

Comment

Here are a few more queries. First, what is this neat little cabriolet? And is that K on the side a body-makers logo, anf if so which?
                          Thanks,
                          Kerry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Now, is this a Mercedes G4? Not sure where, but one of the ORs has a Finnish knife on his belt.
                            Kerry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Lastly, what is this right-hand drive model, and what does the registration show?
                              Thanks,
                              Kerry.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Unfortunately, I am four vehicles behind, been busy lately with
                                Christmas stuff.

However, regarding the roadster and the RHD photos, you have posted quite large photos which sort of cut off many details of the vehicles.

Are the original photos showing the whole vehicle and if so could you resize the images and repost.

Also I have something else to talk about with you, could you email me at mostoysinc@aol.com
                                Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X