Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And #4 - Truck in Russian winter.
    Attached Files

Comment

This amazing picture was in my Opas photo album.
      He served in the NSKK around Mogilew at this time (1941-1942). The guy on the vehicle wears a NSKK sidecap.
      I think the painted text on the vehicle reads "Omachy" but I don't have a clue of what it means. I think there is a "G" painted too.
      I try to identify it and I think it looks like a Sdkfz or something really close. Need help to find the model and any info !

Comment

Hi,

Sdkfz 222, with 2cm gun.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi Tim:

I am probably making this more difficult for myself than necessary but I see no one else is answering your ID questions so I will take a shot.

1155 is an interesting panorama for sure.

For the two trucks in front of the building, I am leaning very strongly towards the Ford BB model 1937 or later based on the horizontal headlamp bar. My concern is that both have the standard Wermacht open driver's cabin and I cannot yet find other photos of this truck with that cabin.

The field car is most likely a normal Kfz 15 made by several manufacturers.
          The truck on the right is one or another form of Magirus/KHD and I am not sure exactly which one.

1156 is a Mercedes 170 VK Kubel.

1157 and 1158 are not very distinct, but a good guess would be 1939 Fords, based only on the ventilation louvers in the side of the motor hood that you can see in one of the photos.

I hope that helps.

Bill

Comment

Hi Tim, hi Bill,

excellent, Bill, I completely agree with You. Some additional comments from me: 1) the Ford BB is a special light model produced for the Wehrmacht with a soft cab and a payload for 1,75 tons. I think that the truck on the right side is a Magirus M 30. 3) and 4) I think these are Fords produced in Germany. So the German designation would be Ford G 917 T or G 997 T.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Thank you, Bert:

I did some looking in older files and found these of the BB Spezial.
              Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

And this more detailed shot of the driver's cabin.
                Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help Bill and Bert!

Comment

Could someone help with this Reichswehr truck please?
                    Thanks,
                    Kerry.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

I can only take an educated guess here and others may correct me.

Looks to me like a Büssing Nag III GL6 with very rare single rear wheel equipment (they did exist).

I cannot match the rear body type with any of my reference photos as a military vehicle so it may have been an impressed civilian vehicle.

Holger may have a better answer.

Bill

Comment

Hello Kerry,

have you noticed that I have identified your mistery RW car as Simson Supra one side ago?

Your three axled Büssing truck is this one:

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepa...ing_vi_gl.html

The superstructure looks similar to the one on the vehicle on my site.

Regards,

Holger.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/index.html

Comment

Thanks Holger:

Right Church, wrong Pew.

Bill

Comment

Hello Holger,

Thank you so much for both identifications, they were both fairly obscure. I had never heard of Simson Supra before, now I know much more. It is a source of great pleasure to me that all of you experts are so willing to help with our unknown photos, it makes the hobby all the more pleasurable. Long may it continue, and once again, thank you, to you and Bill and Bert and so many others.

Kerry.

Comment

Anybody know what this is - and for what purposes it was used?

It's a vehicle from a 14.(Panzerjäger-)Kompanie of a regular Inf.Div. I think it must be a supply truck rather than a towing wagen for the 3,7cm PaK?

Comment

Mercedes LG3000

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X