Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Bill,
    Kerry.

Comment

Hi Koenigstiger, hi Bill,

to the pic with the trucks on a place in a barrack (sorry for my delay, but I was away for a few days):
      I agree with You, Bill, to the producer, but the type 15/150 semms to be tto small, because he had only two wheels on the rear axle. So it must be a larger type. I assume it is the type 300 or 350. And I think, that the trucks on the right are a VOMAG type 3 LV 443.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Thanks for the correction, Bert, it is quite evident on the photo I posted which was in error, I do think we have the right marque.

I assume you are correct on the larger truck, I just could not ID it at all.

Bill

Comment

Clearly a Vomag, but what model please? The bed length looks very short for the length of the engine bay.
          Thank you,
          Kerry.
          Attached Files

Comment

german signals company (armoured) location between Florence and Rome January - May 1944. Was involved around the battle of Anzio.

But still cant ID the big H symbol ? can anyone help me ?

Ian :-)
            +

more photos from this collection
            http://pixpast.blogspot.com/2013/10/...rom-anzio.html

Comment

Hi Kerry,

to Your VOMAG truck.

I think it is the type 4,5 LR 444. Some details to the designation:
              4,5 = payload (here 4,5 tons)
              L = Lastkraftwagen (truck)
              R = Rohöl (Diesel)
              4 = engine with 4 cylinders
              44 = wheelbase (Radstand) = here 4,40 m

Source: "VOMAG - eine Legende in Bildern" by Christian Suhr and Ralf Weinreich.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Thank you Bert, very much appreciated. I went to Holger's site, but he has no photo. I am guessing that the cab is a military pattern, not a commercial product?
                Cheers,
                Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                  german signals company (armoured) location between Florence and Rome January - May 1944. Was involved around the battle of Anzio.

But still cant ID the big H symbol ? can anyone help me ?

+

more photos from this collection
                  http://pixpast.blogspot.com/2013/10/...rom-anzio.html
                  Firstly I think this isn't the correct thread for this question, this is for UI vehicles not unit signs, I've linked the thread below.

But to answer your question, I believe that is the sign for LXXVI Panzer Korps.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=103481

Comment

Hi Kerry,

You are right, it is a military pattern with the open standard driver´s cab (Einheitsführerhaus) and the long foot board, typically for vehicles made for the Wehrmacht. Thank You very much for posting this very interesting pic of the VOMAG truck. I think this type was produced only in very small series, maybe especially for the Luftwaffe.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Very interesting Bert.
                      My thanks and best regards,
                      Kerry.

Comment

Here is another truck I think it is an Opel Blitz, but again, not really sure. Also, can anybody explain the racks on the roof please?
                        Thank you,
                        Kerry.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kerry, that rack might be to carry a 50 gallon oil drum. It would be a lot of work getting it up there of course.

Comment

Thank you Alan, I certainly would not want to put a drum up there, but it does look like that is the purpose.
                            Here are a couple of views, is it an Audi of some sort? It has the Auto Union rings, but that is as far as I get.
                            Thanks,
                            Kerry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

It is certainly a Horch, and I am fairly certain it is a mid to late 1930's 830BL.

There were also very similar limousines built on the 850 chassis but mostly they were reserved for the higher brass types so I don't think it is one of those given the locale and general untidiness of the vehicle in your photo.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Alanmccoubrey View Post
                                Firstly I think this isn't the correct thread for this question, this is for UI vehicles not unit signs, I've linked the thread below.

But to answer your question, I believe that is the sign for LXXVI Panzer Korps.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=103481

Thank you for your help !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X